News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Convoys with lines do not copy the minimum load or waiting time

Started by Yona-TYT, June 07, 2020, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I'm not sure if this is planned, but it is strange that when using the button [Copy Convoy], the minimum load and the waiting time are not the same. Shouldn't an exact copy of the convoy be created?

Here is an example svegame (look in the railway garage at (93,21)): https://www.mediafire.com/file/20nq2lcfr6zqk9k/copy_convoy_test.sve/file

prissi

Did you set the loading times in the lines or in the individual convoi?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on June 08, 2020, 06:55:24 AM
Did you set the loading times in the lines or in the individual convoi?
individual convoi.

I'm not sure, but I think this did not happen in older versions of simutrans.

prissi

An individual convoi keeps its loading time independent from the line. Only when the line is edited, the individual loading times are changed. This is like this for a very long time.

Yona-TYT

unfortunately that behavior makes things more difficult for me in the tutorial scenario I am preparing. :'(

prissi

This feature is useful for planes and shipping, so you can wait one on one end and one on another end, but both belonging to the same line.

Ters

I don't think the problem here is that convoi's can have their own waiting times, but that copying a convoi doesn't copy the template convoi's individual waiting time. That shouldn't be much of a problem. If the player didn't want to make a new convoi with a waiting time different from the line's default, why then did the player copy the convoi which does and expect that to work? (Apart from the fact that it for whatever reason works that way now, but how many have discovered that?)