News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

My hand was forced...

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, August 02, 2008, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Was in the middle of transferring some stuff when I found out that I had to move ALL ips over to other server, so I'm now in the middle of transferring EVERYTHING......

IPs are moved to new server, copy still taking place, so for anything that appears to be down -- it's being copied, this may take hours to compelte.

Everything still exists on the old server! And will, until 8th August..... that is now a firm date.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

status - skipping 128.simutrans.com because it's SIX FREAKING GIGS and I have to wait for stuff to copy before I can make changes necessary to make things visible again.

*sigh*

Colin

Hi Isaac, it looks like the old forum is down and has been since at least 7am this morning. and this one has changed from yesterday and no longer looks like our forum.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 02, 2008, 04:26:38 AMSIX FREAKING GIGS

LOL'd

*Igor wonders: where are my LOL-smiles?*

Okay, I'm seeing Isaac is making an important effort for community. I don't know if I can help him in something. Anyway, I'm here.

Isaac, just ask, I've just put this page as default homepage of my browser, thus I'm able to follow better how things are working and offer some help on what I can do...

... for any reason, this forum has got a quite clean theme:

... or it's just in my PC. Erm?

OFF-TOPIC: My first post in new Simutrans Forum... WOOT

Ashley

This forum looks messed up because all of the links to graphics and the stylesheet point at the old forum, given that that is now down it's to be expected that this one will look less pretty for a while =P

Fortunately I completed running my backup script before Isaac had to take the other forum down, so I'd recommend simply making this forum the new forum.simutrans.com, and making the old one available as oldforum.simutrans.com (or something similar) until the hosting for it runs out (in read-only mode, to encourage people to move over to the new one - maybe revoke posting rights for everyone except devotee/admin and post a big announcement at the top of *this* forum informing users that they can still access the old forum read-only for a short time).

The archive should be ready and online by the middle of next week anyway, so this is as good a time as any to move people over to the new forum.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Massive-copy started at 4:45pm my time yesterday. At 1:30am today, realized it was not going to end anytime soon, so I went to bed. It is now 7:30am my time.

The forum copy failed, as it had in the past.

Files are still being copied over - it will take another couple of hours or so...

I will update DNS to point forum.simutrans.com here.

It will take a day or two for everyone to start seeing this forum... And I'm still not done with the setup of this forum, so I believe I'll finish that up now....... heh

VS

Fortunately, I happen to have the more important part of these frikkin 6 gigs here as well :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Although all pm's are lost then ... :(

Ashley

Prissi, you can still log into the old forum for a bit longer to save your PMs (I did this earlier). Do it quickly though, as the old forum is only around until the 8th according to Isaac.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

prissi

How to get to the old forum? I get a redirect to this only.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Access to the old forum is limited. I will post in Devotee Lounge. Sorry to non-Devotees.

zhaop

How many MBs (or gigs) was that old forum's database?
I'm working on an AI for Simutrans that can make lots of money, and I'm currently learning the squirrel API for AI players.
https://github.com/zhaop/simutrans/tree/marmot

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I believe it was 200-300MB...