News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Railway horses have much higher monthly cost than their road counterparts

Started by freddyhayward, June 10, 2020, 04:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

For example, shire horses (pair) costs 0.82/month while the same for rail costs 8.32/month. Is this intentional, or just a result of balance changes affecting road horses yet applied to rail horses?

Ranran(retired)

A post boy running 12 km/h on the road demands a salary of 7.26/month. And yet he can carry only 15 mails. So I always hire a more capable horse than him.  :P
The big problem is that he occupies one tile for its small size. So there is no place for him on the road.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Shouldn't the post boy be used only for priority mail? That would make sense for high cost and low capacity...

DrSuperGood

One could also change the prices if they are unreasonable. I honestly guessed most of them.

Especially for mules and such moving products. The product they move need to be more valuable or the mules made to move them cheaper.

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on June 10, 2020, 10:09:53 PM
Shouldn't the post boy be used only for priority mail? That would make sense for high cost and low capacity...

Indeed, the post boy is from the era when only what we call "priority" mail was transported. Normal mail is closer to the much cheaper transport of the days of the penny post (i.e. post 1840).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Elemental

I think the reason for the strange horse prices is that for road, the fixed cost comes with the coach, as only one driver is needed regardless of the number of horses. For railway horses, you usually have multiple wagons per horse, so the fixed cost was attached to the horse.