News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[patch] The line goods type filter on the line selector

Started by Ranran(retired), June 15, 2020, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Hello again, I brought a new patch from the hentai islands of the far east. (´・ω・`)

Ranran wanted to choose a freight route that could easily generate a deficit, but it was very frustrating because there were too many lines for ships and horses.  ::(

So I poured hot water to make an instant patch.  :coffee:

Classes and goods category should be added to make it a gourmet dish in the future.
But this is still a big step forward. TBH, I want to use this right now.  :-[

Click here for the hentai branch  :arrow:
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/line-goods-type-filter
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Milko

Hello Ranran

Beautiful!!! so I no longer have to use acronyms in line names.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Splendid - thank you. Now incorporated. This is a helpful feature.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for incorporating. I added a translation term to simutranslator, but the English translation for tooltip help for each button is currently missing. I would appreciate if you could add an English translation.

Sorry for not much time has passed, but I've extended this feature to other dialogs that have a line selector.
Those are schedule dialog and depot dialog. I believe the schedule selection should also be convenient.
There is a difference in behavior that the empty line is also displayed when selecting a schedule. That is, in the schedule selection, the empty line will also be displayed by pressing any filter button.
Please check it again (pull request #200).

jamespetts

Thank you - now incorporated, and I have added the English translations.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

prissi

The had inspired me to have a full combobox for the line window in standard specifying freight as well as the exact type of freight in r9140.

However, this made me think about the future of the line window. I think the best way would be lines a independent windows, opened from the line management window. Then oen could compare statistics from each line side by side and it would make the window also smaller.

Ranran(retired)

I found that when the player narrowed down with the schedule GUI with this button, it was inadvertently changed to an incompatible line and the schedule changed, so as a countermeasure for this I changed to lock the button of the incompatible category.
That is, a passenger-only convoy can only choose whether or not to narrow it down. But I think this change will also improve clarity. For example, you can prevent accidentally changing a passenger-only convoy from a passenger/mail mixed line to a mail line.  ;)
@James - Please check pull request #201.

Quote from: prissi on June 19, 2020, 11:41:02 AMThe had inspired me to have a full combobox for the line window in standard specifying freight as well as the exact type of freight in r9140.
I think it is reasonable that standard chose full combo box. Comparing statistics is more convenient if player can narrow down to the same category line.
I initially narrowed down these three categories as broad categories. This is for future expansion. I didn't use any special symbols or extended specifics at this stage, so I hoped someone who wanted to port to standard would port this feature.
It wasn't what I expected, but I think it's good that a similar feature was implemented in standard.  :)
Since extended has a class classification for passengers and mail, I planned to divide it into a large classification and a small classification.
That is like:
[   All pas   ]  [pas class1] [pas class2] [pas class3]...
[  All mail   ]  [mail class1] [mail class2]...
[ All freight ]  [freight catg1] [freight catg2] [freight catg3]...

QuoteHowever, this made me think about the future of the line window. I think the best way would be lines a independent windows, opened from the line management window. Then oen could compare statistics from each line side by side and it would make the window also smaller.
Yes, I'm still wondering what is best layout and I haven't decided how to reserve the above button area. (´・ω・`)

Ranran(retired)

I've seen my client crash on the server when I click on a depot, can anyone provide a small save game that can reproduce this?
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I've found some bugs, so I'll fix them. But I can't reproduce the crash in a debug build.
Anyway sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT:
I have pull requested a fix. Please check #202.
After correction, it would be helpful if you could confirm that it works correctly on the depot dialog.

jamespetts

Apologies for not having noted this here at the time: I incorporated this code a little while ago. Can anyone confirm that this problem is now fixed?

Thanks to Ranran for the fix for this.