News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Duplicate departures bug

Started by freddyhayward, June 19, 2020, 08:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

Sometimes, two vehicles on a line take up two schedule slots. This affects rail and water vehicles, but the attached example uses buses.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. The problem in question will occur when the second 'bus that ends up being assigned the same departure slot as an existing 'bus arrives. Is there a known time in the future after loading this saved game at which this occurs? I am not likely to be able to diagnose the problem from seeing that there are already two with the same slot.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

freddyhayward

Quote from: jamespetts on June 19, 2020, 10:20:17 AMIs there a known time in the future after loading this saved game at which this occurs?
As I tried to show with the graph, an extra departure occurs about once every second scheduled departure, at least in this save. However, you could reproduce the problem from the beginning by withdrawing all the covoys from the line and sending out 8 new ones.

Sarrus

I experienced this issue on one of my lines. I have no more information for you, but I will post here if I will have anything more than "it happens sometimes".

EDIT:

I noticed that sometimes trains follow it's schedule in reverse order. I attached screenshots of trains going one after another from Pudstone Station. There was that duplicate departure issue happened.

EDIT2:
Oh and that line had "Mirror schedule" earlier. I resigned from that feature for correct platform choosing. When I noticed that schedule issue, I thought it is a bug, so I deleted line and recreated from scratch. It wasn't help.

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this; I should be grateful if people could re-test.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

freddyhayward

Your fix seems to have worked. Thank you!

jamespetts

Quote from: freddyhayward on July 22, 2020, 02:00:24 AM
Your fix seems to have worked. Thank you!

Excellent - thank you for confirming.

freddyhayward

I have seen this occurring again in rare cases on the server, and will let you know as soon as I have a reliable reproduction case.

jamespetts

Quote from: freddyhayward on July 29, 2020, 12:55:34 AM
I have seen this occurring again in rare cases on the server, and will let you know as soon as I have a reliable reproduction case.

I suggest that this is very likely to be a different bug with a similar symptom rather than the same bug, so I should be grateful if you could open a new thread when you have a reliable reproduction case for this. Thank you.