News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Road choose signal issues

Started by Ranran(retired), June 20, 2020, 05:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Maybe due to the fix, the road choose signal may not work properly now.
From the day before yesterday I had an unnatural stuck on the server where the choose signal was located on my network, so I removed them.

And today I've confirmed that it's happening also in the freahk's big port.
It is closed by choose sign for some reason. But there is no convoy at any lane.

EDIT:
This is the observation before this fix but, I was observing where the heavy traffic was, but it seems that I could not enter multiple intersections in the same direction at the same time. In the place where three intersections are consecutive, the horse behind seems to wait all the way until the front horse passes through the three intersections. Therefore, there will be traffic congestion.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

freddyhayward

Quote from: Ranran on June 20, 2020, 05:52:08 AM
Maybe due to the fix, the road choose signal may not work properly now.
From the day before yesterday I had an unnatural stuck on the server where the choose signal was located on my network, so I removed them.

And today I've confirmed that it's happening also in the freahk's big port.
It is closed by choose sign for some reason. But there is no convoy at any lane.

EDIT:
This is the observation before this fix but, I was observing where the heavy traffic was, but it seems that I could not enter multiple intersections in the same direction at the same time. In the place where three intersections are consecutive, the horse behind seems to wait all the way until the front horse passes through the three intersections. Therefore, there will be traffic congestion.
I think I remember this happening before my fix. (I don't understand what you meant in the edit, did you also remember seeing it before the fix?)

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: freddyhayward on June 20, 2020, 06:41:30 AMdid you also remember seeing it before the fix?
What I wrote in the edit is a problem before the fix.

jamespetts

I have split this from the discussion about Freddy's overtaking patch.

Thank you for the report. Are you able to upload a saved game in which this issue can reliably be recreated at a specific time and place?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

It is not the problem of choose sign, but this behavior is what I wrote in above EDIT.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RT1ksKkSUhgHRWOGzxjAY1WXJWnF90QS/view?usp=sharing

This behavior is the same for standard, but it does not seem to match in the horse era.

freddyhayward

I see, the game views adjacent intersections as one big intersection and prohibits vehicles from blocking it. This is clearly undesirable in many circumstances, but how could those be expressed in code?

jamespetts

Quote from: freddyhayward on June 21, 2020, 12:08:00 AM
I see, the game views adjacent intersections as one big intersection and prohibits vehicles from blocking it. This is clearly undesirable in many circumstances, but how could those be expressed in code?

This is a problem of the highest degree of complexity indeed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.