News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Simutrans.com: Pakset-Infos not available

Started by Michael 'Cruzer', June 21, 2020, 11:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael 'Cruzer'

Simutrans.com is in my opinion the main entry for most new players. It's also the first page you find when googling "Simutrans". However, it seems that this page needs some maintenance: if you want to download the paksets, all the information about them seems to be gone.

That's all I see when clicking on "Paksets" in the menu:

Given that this is the main entrance point for Simutrans, I don't think this gives a good impression to novice Simutrans players.

(Btw.: the linked Simutrans version on this forums landing page also still points to an outdated version.)

Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Flemmbrav

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: Flemmbrav on June 21, 2020, 01:37:19 PM
Also mind the Google+ link in there.
True to that. Maybe replace that Google+ link with a Reddit link? That seems like the most active social profile we got besides Facebook.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Not a bad idea. We do get some occasional questions and posts on reddit. 415 subscribers, and 6 posts this past month. :)

https://reddit.com/r/simutrans is the link

Carl

There are @simutrans and @simutrans_de accounts on twitter, but neither are active.

Roboron

Who is/are the maintainer/s of the website?

An_dz

Heh, my autoupdate script screwed it somehow, it seems everytime I put it on production it blows, but on dev it works flawlessly. I'll fix it.
And will replace the G+ to Reddit.

The site is fixed and Reddit link is up, I'll investigate why the autoupdater deleted the definitions file.

Duh, one path was wrong, it ended up not importing the file.

By the way, thanks to whoever contacted me on Telegram as I've recently reset my phone and didn't setup the email that receives the PMs alerts.

Yona-TYT

@An_dz You had abandoned us! .  :P , Welcome again !.  ;D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Maybe it's time to reset his forum language to Albanian. :D

An_dz

The update script is working now. The site will autoupdate whenever new versions are released on SourceForge. :award:

Quote from: Yona-TYT on June 23, 2020, 01:02:16 AM
@An_dz You had abandoned us! .  :P , Welcome again !.  ;D
Heh, I've always been around when needed, just took a time off of forum discussions.

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on June 24, 2020, 05:20:15 PM
Maybe it's time to reset his forum language to Albanian. ;D
I'm always using in Albanian. :D

Andarix

Quote from: Nazalassa on January 05, 2024, 11:17:06 AM...
P.S: I think the pakset lists (https://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/en_paksets and https://www.simutrans.com/en/paksets/) should be updated with the new paksets: pak48.bitlit and pak144.Excentrique.

Partially updated Wiki - Paksets. More than the 2 package sets mentioned were missing. The list should now be almost complete.

Screenshots are still missing and I haven't checked the information and links.

Some icons also seem to be missing from the articles.