News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

brightness of LCD backlight changes when I start simutrans

Started by Kristian, April 27, 2009, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristian

Hello,

After a long time of inactivity, I am now trying simutrans 102-stable on linux (basically ubuntu server 8.04 + fluxbox + gnome power manager).

When I start simutrans, the monitor increases in brightness to 100%, and stays att full brightness even after I close simutrans. This happens irrespective of whether I run on AC or battery power.

Is this intended behavior?

kind regards,
Kristian

prissi

This is most liekly an error of SDL as simutrans does not touch brightness settings. Maybe also due to actually switching to 16bpp mode by SDL. Hard to guess. What is you hardware, what X11?

Kristian

I'm not sure how to check. The man page says
QuoteX Version 11
xorg-server 1.4.0.90

My machine is a Thinkpad X61s, which apparently has an Intel X3100 integrated graphics chip.

Edit:
There seem to be two backlight settings. One "permanent" in gconf, and one "temporary", which is changed with the Fn-brightness keys on the laptop. Simutrans seems to be changing the temporary ones. I am not entirely certain about the way in which temporary and permanent settings interact.

chen2x18

Theres an error of SDL as simutrans does not touch brightness settings because they wanted to make it clear..