The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Pak256.America-Ex town hall suggestions  (Read 599 times)

Offline Ronin1996

• Languages: EN, some ES, learning JP
Pak256.America-Ex town hall suggestions
« on: September 06, 2020, 02:48:37 AM »
Hello everyone I want your opinion on town halls for different climates in my pak256.America-ex.

1765- early 1800s.

Temperate climate.  The New England colonies and Mid Atlantic colonies didn't really have town halls or village halls, they had Meeting Houses instead.
Subtropical/tropical climate (I.E. The Deep South). I'm not quite sure what to do with these yet, I might need to do some research.
I'm not really concerned with midwest and west during this period.

Early 1800s - present day

temperate climate: Again, not sure what to do here, certainly some of the small New England towns and villages continued to use meeting houses well into the 19th Century.
subtropical/tropical climate: For the south, I could use one of those narrow Wild West looking buildings for the town hall and I could use it for midwest and west as well.

Offline Phystam

• Devotee
  • Pak256.Ex developer
    • Pak256 wiki page
  • Languages: ja, en, eo
Re: Pak256.America-Ex town hall suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:09:20 AM »
Please ask such pakset-specific issues on Extended Pakset board...

Offline Roboron

• Devotee
    • Las Gal├ícticas Aventuras de Komoyo Diga
  • Languages: ES, EN
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 10:03:25 AM »
Have you ever looked at the Gold Rush OTTD mod? It was never finished, but there are some resources that may inspire to design Wild West buildings

http://www.badbrett.se/goldrush/?p=gallery

I like the idea for towns adapted to different climates.

Offline Ronin1996

• Languages: EN, some ES, learning JP
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »
I have looked at that several times and I do like the buildings. It's difficult to do town halls for America because we don't use a centralized design. It's all regional focus so a town hall in New England won't be the same as a town hall in Mississippi or California. And I agree I like the different climate idea as well. However, most homes you can find throughout the country. For example, the house I lived in in Warwick, Rhode Island was a beautiful Victorian built in 1910 and it also looks like it could fit in with California or Oregon or elsewhere in the country.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:22:24 PM by TheRoadmaster1996 »