News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Phystam NetSimutrans Server - Karafuto

Started by Phystam, July 08, 2020, 08:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Karafuto (known as Sakhalin in russian name) is an island lying on the north of Hokkaido, Japan. Currently this island is governed by Russia, but before WW2 it was the north territory of Japan.
Recently I have started a new server with this map and a few visitors have come.
This is my private server which I started with my friends.
In this server, you are permitted to see around in the map. but you don't have any permission to build anything.

You may find all letters are square. They are Japanese font, so if you want to see them, please change your system language into Japanese.

Vladki

Thanks for explaining. I was wondering what island is that. Enjoy the game.

RealAmerican1776

For pre-Second World War, you should have the town names on the northern end of the island in Russian because back then, Karafuto (Sakhalin) was divided between the Russian Empire and then the Soviet Union and Japan. I want to say the Russian part of Sakhalin was originally a prison camp sort of like a modern day GULAG for Russian prisoners.

Phystam

This is like a parallel world. There's no conquers by Russians — and also players cannot read any Russian alphabets.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Phystam on July 08, 2020, 08:01:06 AMCurrently this island is governed by Russia, but before WW2 it was the north territory of Japan.
Certainly it is inaccurate, with only the southern half being Japanese territory before WW2.
If it is a parallel world you should write so in the first post. It's like the country next to Japan.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

RealAmerican1776

Right, and after the invasion of the island in '45, the Soviets deported the Japanese civilians back to Japan so now there are very few Japanese left on the island.

An interesting note, following the invasion the Soviet authorities continued to use an old Japanese locomotive (A Japanese Government Railways Class D51) they had brought over back when it was Karafuto and used it on the island I think until the late 1970s when the Soviets finally retired it. This is interesting because normally the Russians use a different track gauge then the rest of the world known as the Russian Gauge or 1520mm tracks. This is so that if Russia is ever invaded, the enemy cannot use their locomotives to haul troops and supplies to the front.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on July 12, 2020, 03:20:48 PMA Japanese Government Railways Class D51
D51 was the most manufactured Steam Locomotive in Japan and it is Mikado Style. It was also sent to Karafuto.

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on July 12, 2020, 03:20:48 PMThis is interesting because normally the Russians use a different track gauge then the rest of the world known as the Russian Gauge or 1520mm tracks.
I think this is because unlike the continent, Sakhalin is not connected to mainland Japan. After normalization of diplomatic relations, the Soviet Union also purchases vehicles for South Sakhalin from Japan National Railways.

EDIT:
It seems that the D51 was exported to the Soviet Union in '49.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

RealAmerican1776

I did not know that. I thought the Soviets just used captured locomotives. I know that Japan and the USSR didn't really talk to each other during the '50s as the war was effectively still going on (Tokyo and Moscow didn't officially sign a peace treaty until 1956) so it's interesting that the Japanese Government still allowed its enemy to purchase locomotives for a territory that was captured by force.

prissi

There is still no peace treaty, just a declaration to end the state of war ...

RealAmerican1776

Quote from: prissi on July 14, 2020, 11:58:46 PM
There is still no peace treaty, just a declaration to end the state of war ...
I believe they call them frozen conflicts. There are other examples such as Korea, the Chinese Civil War, several conflicts involving the Post-Soviet States etc.

Phystam

I posted a video of this map on Youtube!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

I posted a new video! (English translation is not available currently ><)