News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

PAK128 and PAK128.Britain

Started by bbc100, April 28, 2009, 03:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbc100

Can you play Simutans with pak128 and pak128.Britain???

I mean both at the same time.

Kristian

You can try to copy some of the the pak files from 128 to 128.Britain, or vice versa. For example, vehicle.player.all.pak in 128.britain should give you the player vehicles from that pak.

vilvoh

In fact, you can install as many paks as you want.Then when you start Simutrans, it will ask you which pak do you want to use...other issue is if the pakset is playable or not.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Kristian

Now you got an answer to two questions: whether you can play them in the same game, and whether you can have them installed at the same time. :)

bbc100

Quote from: Kristian on April 28, 2009, 06:26:13 AM
You can try to copy some of the the pak files from 128 to 128.Britain, or vice versa. For example, vehicle.player.all.pak in 128.britain should give you the player vehicles from that pak.
Thanks
Edit: Wait, are you saying that I need to copy all of the files over to do it???
New Edit: DOES NOT WORK!!!
Quote from: vilvoh on April 28, 2009, 06:47:34 AM
In fact, you can install as many paks as you want.Then when you start Simutrans, it will ask you which pak do you want to use...other issue is if the pakset is playable or not.
I've got pak.64,pak128 and pak.128Britain.

Quote from: Kristian on April 28, 2009, 07:13:11 AM
Now you got an answer to two questions: whether you can play them in the same game, and whether you can have them installed at the same time. :)
I'm doing that now!!!

I merged your double-posts. Please always use the "Modify" link to edit your posts when they're less than 24 hours apart. :-)that's not me!!!

The Hood

As pak128 and Pak128.Britain are the same scale, pak files from each set are interchangeable.  Just copy whichever .pak file it is you want from one into the folder for the other.  In fact the last release of pak128.Britain included various pak128 files anyway in order to make it work!

Kristian

Quote from: bbc100 on April 28, 2009, 08:13:49 AM
Edit: Wait, are you saying that I need to copy all of the files over to do it???
New Edit: DOES NOT WORK!!!I've got pak.64,pak128 and pak.128Britain.

Okay. What exactly are you trying to do, putting pak128-objects in 128.Britain, or the other way round?

bbc100

Quote from: Kristian on April 28, 2009, 08:58:50 AM
Okay. What exactly are you trying to do, putting pak128-objects in 128.Britain, or the other way round?
The other way around
Also mods can you move this over to pak.128.Britain but keep this here???

bbc100

(mods can you put this with my 3x quote post and remove this!!!(the last quote one))
Yes I can do that!!!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

*Do* *not* impersonate moderators, please.

I will move this to "Help", where it should really go.

And please, use the "Modify" link. Do not add new posts. Please.

Kristian

Quote from: bbc100 on April 29, 2009, 04:05:58 AM
The other way around

Okay, so let's take this one step at a time.
1) Does your pak128 installation still work?

bbc100

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on April 29, 2009, 06:28:24 AM
*Do* *not* impersonate moderators, please.

I will move this to "Help", where it should really go.

And please, use the "Modify" link. Do not add new posts. Please.
Sorry it would not work ok??? :-X

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Right. I'm not deleting your account, but I will put a 7-day login ban on you. and I'm removing your other two posting of this message.

You are welcome to come back in the future; all you need to do is to learn how our forum works and fit in better.

I'm locking this topic. If anyone finds it in the future and wants to post on the actual issues, please feel free to post a new topic and link to this one.....