News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Three lane Interstate

Started by RealAmerican1776, June 20, 2020, 08:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealAmerican1776

Hello I have a question to ask everyone. I am driving through Reno and Carson City Nevada today, and I noticed that parts of the Interstate in this area of the country through cities are three lanes. I was wondering if three lane roads would work in Simutrans. Would cars and player owned trucks and vans use the third lane? Or would they use only two?

jamespetts

There is currently no code recognising more than two lanes on a road. If someone would like to add this feature, that would be welcome, but this would be a very substantial task as it would require identifying every place in the code that assumes that roads allow only two lanes of traffic and finding a suitable alternative way of coding for each of these parts.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

RealAmerican1776

Thank you. I was not holding my breath but I'll stick with the two lane interstate I have.

RealAmerican1776

Maybe I can do it cosmetically with no function but for looks?

jamespetts

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on June 20, 2020, 09:45:31 PM
Maybe I can do it cosmetically with no function but for looks?

That could work, so long as you make sure that the actual vehicles use the two outer lanes. Some players might find it confusing, however.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.