News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Class manager opens with maximum window size

Started by Ranran(retired), July 12, 2020, 10:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Sometimes it is maximized and opened like this, but I am not sure under what conditions it is occurring
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I wonder whether Ves might look into this as it was he who designed this system?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

This always happens with a carriage of that image (Mail coach (braked) (+ mail boot)) when playing online. But for somehow it doesn't happen offline.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Ves

Thanks, yes I have noticed this too. Problem have always been that this behavior does only start to occur for me on my PC when under heavy load, for instance with the server game. When I just do the debug builds, these things happens so quickly that its hard to even notice it. This tendency also applies to the comboboxes in the line class manager, where they fail to update, but only on the server for me. I will take a look into it, to see if I can make some improvements, since I should be more knowinlgy of how things should be now, than when I did the window back then!

Mariculous

Sound like a race condition.
Have fun seeking this, it's the most difficult kind of bug if it's really a race condition...