News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Placing Colliery

Started by accord2, July 21, 2020, 07:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

Were the industry placing rules changed? I can't place a colliery in some areas of the map. It seems that in near borders or that in regions away from the sea or lakes I am not allowed to place this industry. The game keeps saying it's not possible to build there. I remember before I could place industry almost everywhere. But I can place the coal electric station in those same places (near border, away from the sea, etc).
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

Quote from: accord2 on July 21, 2020, 07:07:20 PM
Were the industry placing rules changed? I can't place a colliery in some areas of the map. It seems that in near borders or that in regions away from the sea or lakes I am not allowed to place this industry. The game keeps saying it's not possible to build there. I remember before I could place industry almost everywhere. But I can place the coal electric station in those same places (near border, away from the sea, etc).

Are you trying to build it in regions in which it is not available?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

Probably.
Is this information available anywhere? In the Build Industries menu it does not appear.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

Quote from: accord2 on July 21, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
Probably.
Is this information available anywhere? In the Build Industries menu it does not appear.

I did not modify the build menu - the coal mine is only available in the Cambria and Northumberland regions. It may be that we need to add an "ignore region" control one day similar to the "ignore climate" control.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Mariculous

It shoud indeed be most important to
1. add a minimap layer showing the regions and
2. showing the region restrictions of a building if there are any in the construction menu and
3. returning an error message clearly stating why a building cannot be built in a specific place.

Junna

Was there nothing done about it? On a custom map, I can't place collieries anywhere, and none exist, presumably because there are no regions defined...?

jamespetts

Compared to bug fixing and balance critical features, this has not been a priority for me. If anyone else would like to add an "ignore region" feature in the build industry dialogue, that would be very helpful.