News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Another weird behavior of one-train-staff.O

Started by Vladki, July 22, 2020, 10:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Have a look at Stephenson-Siemens, player Freahksbus Line U20 Brambleton East, sliced view at level -7.
There was a deadlock, which I resolved manually and when looking for the cause I found this weird behavior:
There are two underground staff boxes at (567,744) and (567,745). The train enters the section normally, reverses at Brambleton Bridge Railway station, but when leaving Brambleton Corner on the way back it turns to Track circuit block, and leaves the track behind reserved. It is not cleared until the train passses another staff box at (558,750). The same happened at Brambleton Picadilly on the way back. In an attempt to fix it I put an end of signalling sign at (557,752). All it does is that the trains switch to drive by sight already after reversal at Brambleton Railway station (555,758)

Mariculous

Ah that one, yes I remember rebuilding the light rail recently and couldn't resolve that issue either, so I just left the game.
one train staff still being the only long-block type available underground...

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot find Brambleton East - has the railway been reconfigured in this area?

I do strongly discourage using server games as reproduction cases because they are inherently variable, whereas as reproduction case needs to be static.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

"U20 Brambleton East" is the name of line, not station. You can see the behavior in this save:

http://list.extended.simutrans.org/~simutrans/debug-saves/industry-roads.sve

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I believe that I have now fixed this; I should be grateful if you could re-test with the next nightly build.

However, I should note that the Brambleton Railway Station to Brambleton Piccadilly line seems to have relied on this error and is missing an exit one train staff cabinet, which causes further problems and deadlocks. This will need to be resolved in the game after the application of this fix.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Mariculous

Well it was deadlocking when the signalling was set up properly. Thankfully Vladki figured that weird setup out, which at least fixed the deadlocking.

So for sure the setup will be fixed. Cannot promise that I'm able to test it tomorrow.

jamespetts

Quote from: Freahk on August 19, 2020, 08:45:37 PM
Well it was deadlocking when the signalling was set up properly. Thankfully Vladki figured that weird setup out, which at least fixed the deadlocking.

So for sure the setup will be fixed. Cannot promise that I'm able to test it tomorrow.

Do not worry - whenever you are able to test it would be helpful. Thank you.