The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Possible public right of way diversion bug  (Read 62 times)

Offline Matthew

• Japan Railway Journal
  • Languages: EN, some ZH, DE & SQ
Possible public right of way diversion bug
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »
I am having problems building a public right of way diversion. It's very possible that I'm making a mistake, so please point out my error if so.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Download this Bridgewater-Brunel save.
2. Start a new instance of Simutrans-Extended 30/JUL/2020 (#26a3557) with pak128.Britain-Ex. (It must be a new instance to bypass the password protection).
3. Open the save.
4. Check that you are the Insular Navigation Company.
5. Go to (6850,1504) and build a MacAdam road due west to (6841,1504) and then south to (6841,1506).
6. Now try to demolish the previously existing route between those endpoints (running along the 1506th meridian) with either the Road Removal or general Demolition tools.
7. You will see the "Cannot remove a public right of way..." message.

Expected behaviour: You can remove the existing route because you have built a diversion of less than 18 tiles and of an equal or higher standard than the existing route.

It may be helpful to use the object ownership tool (O) to see the layout details.

EDIT: Apologies, this appears to be a duplicate of this bug, but I can't delete this thread. I hope this save is a useful test case anyway and it reinforces the case for greatly increasing the max_diversion_tiles value. This should be a very straightforward diversion.