News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

confusing/buggy behaviour with time interval signalling

Started by freddyhayward, August 04, 2020, 01:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

This is not a post to debate the merits of the time-interval system as I am aware that these have raged on in the past. Instead, there are several issues  caused by this system, such as multiple trains occupying the same tile, signals giving the "clear" aspect despite trains occupying tiles immediately in front, and trains waiting for clearance indefinitely at signals giving the "clear" aspect, even when the route as unoccupied.

Matthew

In the hope that this saves the devs time, here are steps to reproduce so that you can see what happens to the convoy before it gets stuck:

1. Run nightly #b355dbc from 2020-08-03.
2. Load time_interval_no_pass_on_clear.sve
3. Pause and open the signalbox at (25,15).
4. Delete the signal at (26,13).
5. Unpause to allow the train at (26,13) to enter the next tile.
6. Build a new slotted post stop signal at (26,13).
7. Fast-forward to April.
8. Resume normal speed in April and watch convoy (4) arrive at (20,14) and wait behind a cleared signal.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I have moved this out of the pakset forum as this is not a pakset issue but a code issue.

Thank you to Matthew for identifying a specific reproduction case. Freddy - if there are any other bugs than Matthew has identified, I should be grateful if you could start a new thread (one per bug to aid management) with a specific reproduction case in each. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I have not been able to reproduce the issue described by Matthew, May I ask at what specific time in April that this anomaly arises?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.