News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Cannot compile Simutrans Extended

Started by RealAmerican1776, July 05, 2020, 04:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on August 17, 2020, 10:50:23 PM
I was using the 2017 version. The guide I was using said to use 2015. So my thought was that for the newer version it required more stuff then the older one. That was my theory.

I use the 2017 version myself, so this will not be the cause of your problem. Did you get anywhere with checking that you were using the 64 bit versions of the libraries?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

RealAmerican1776

No I did not. Maybe I just need to re-download Visual Studio but I'm not worried about changing, I was just thinking out loud.

jamespetts

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on August 17, 2020, 10:55:44 PM
No I did not. Maybe I just need to re-download Visual Studio but I'm not worried about changing, I was just thinking out loud.

If you want to be able to compile Simutrans-Extended, you would do well to investigate the libraries as I suspect that that is where the difficulties that you have been having are likely to lie.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I am using MSVC 2017. Because 2015 was already unavailable for download.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)