News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

A look at Pak256.America-Ex

Started by RealAmerican1776, September 17, 2020, 02:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

I cannot see your images anymore.

And you had better post such pakset-specific topics to the Extended pakset board.

RealAmerican1776

I don't know what happened, I'm new to dropbox and trying to get you guys to see my images.

Edit: I just clicked on the link and it worked fine for me. I'll see about getting a new link.

RealAmerican1776

Quote from: Phystam on September 17, 2020, 05:45:43 PMAnd you had better post such pakset-specific topics to the Extended pakset board.
Is there a way I can move it? I always thought since I'm talking about devolpment of a pakset that it should be here.

freddyhayward

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on September 17, 2020, 11:21:15 PMIs there a way I can move it? I always thought since I'm talking about devolpment of a pakset that it should be here.
I don't know how to move it, but this section is for the development of the actual base game, not paksets.

RealAmerican1776

Ahhhh, I didn't know. In the future I will make sure to post things in Simutrans Extended Paksets.

RealAmerican1776

Has anyone been able to checkout the screenshot yet? What do you think, and be honest your comments help me modeling and scaling which I have trouble with.

Spenk009

It looks like a great start! I like the difference in buildings while retaining a similar style, because it makes for a smooth look. Scaling is consistent on the object sizeAre you going for a vibrant, colourful look?

If you're building these in Blender, may I suggest you look into the scaling of the texture for your shop. It may be set to stretch rather than tile.

RealAmerican1776

I'm not looking for a vibrant look, just different colors. These colors confined to those used during Colonial times. If you go on Google Maps, head over to the city of Newport, Rhode Island. Newport has the largest collection of colonial houses in America. Here, you can see the different colors of colonial era homes like yellows, whites, blues, dark greens etc. I also recommend visiting Newport, I've been there when I lived in Rhode Island and it is a neat city with lots of history, the architecture, multi-million dollar mansions where celebrities and the rich have summer homes, it is a cool city to visit. Anyway, I think I've found a solution to the scaling, I used a template from the British blender site, and scaled my building to this building.