News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Pak192.Comic 2021 RC 1

Started by Flemmbrav, September 12, 2020, 03:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flemmbrav

Hey there,

the next version of Pak192.Comic is slowly taking shape.
I've published a new release candidate you can download here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/tag/2021-V0.6-RC1
Please tell us what you think of the pakset as a whole as well as the recent changes!

Oh, and I brought a screenshot to tease you a bit:

Please note that a Simutrans-nightly from this summer is required. I personally use r9169. You can grab Simutrans-nightlies here: https://nightly.simutrans.com/en/

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Screenshots from there never show for me. I wonder if it's convenient and you think about it - when you paste the screenshot URL, you might consider pasting it again outside of the img tag - that's what I do. It linkifies it so anyone who can't see the inline screenshot has a link to easily get to it, at least. :)

That being said, I grabbed the URL from your message and it looks great!

Flemmbrav

It fetches well for me, so I go for it.
What do you use? Best for me would be imgur, but they compress the image sadly.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

It fetches for me if I go to the link, it just shows up as an empty box inline here, so I had to edit your message to grab the link. :) If nobody else is having this problem and it's just me, it's probably not enough to worry about. :)

But as far as what I use - I upload screenshots to my server using ShareX:

https://ieh.im/i/200914-134355.png

Just because I love all the options for annotation, and you can even set it up to upload to different destinations.

emuricdo

I think, that this version is running fine.
But I noticed, that there is only one trolleybus available.
Therefore I would like to ask, if other trolleybuses will be added before the final release of version 0.6.

Flemmbrav

Hope you enjoy it as well!

There might be people claiming to work on trolleys, but these people are... unreliable in that regard? Well, what I want to say is: there are plans, but I doubt these will be followed by actions any time soon.

Do you think that trolleys are a significant part of the experience?
My focus is on balancing / freight cars right now, but if trolleys really are a thing the community whishes for, that might change.

emuricdo

Quote from: Flemmbrav on September 17, 2020, 07:50:12 PM
Hope you enjoy it as well!

There might be people claiming to work on trolleys, but these people are... unreliable in that regard? Well, what I want to say is: there are plans, but I doubt these will be followed by actions any time soon.

Do you think that trolleys are a significant part of the experience?
My focus is on balancing / freight cars right now, but if trolleys really are a thing the community whishes for, that might change.

Yes, I am enjoying it very much.
I just asked, because i was surprised. I think, that trolleybuses are not very important, but an interesting feature.

Flemmbrav

awh~ I'm glad.

If you're invested in trolleys, please feel free to modify the already existing busses to trolleys.
It's not that hard and I'll be here to help where I can.
It's a topic we definitly don't do enough in, same with ships. I'd love to see some development in there too. Maybe even adding a truck that uses the overhead wires too?
In case you want to try it, you can find the images of the busses on GitHub over here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/tree/master/pakset/vehicles/road/image

emuricdo

Quote from: Flemmbrav on September 17, 2020, 09:18:57 PM
awh~ I'm glad.

If you're invested in trolleys, please feel free to modify the already existing busses to trolleys.
It's not that hard and I'll be here to help where I can.
It's a topic we definitly don't do enough in, same with ships. I'd love to see some development in there too. Maybe even adding a truck that uses the overhead wires too?
In case you want to try it, you can find the images of the busses on GitHub over here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/tree/master/pakset/vehicles/road/image

Thank you very much. I was already thinking about modifying the existing buses.
I will try modifying some buses, but it will take some time.

Bima Fals Maharania

First of all, I'm sorry to say this.

I love this new version of Pak192.Comic, but there is one thing that must be added. The large station extension only had one corner (on the right side), and the opposite (left side) doesn't exist yet. Maybe all of you as developers can add it soon, because honestly, I can't do it.  ;D

Thanks for your kindness, and sorry for my bad English.

Flemmbrav

<3

For the station building: try to use ctrl+click on the menu, it should show you all the directions

Bima Fals Maharania

Quote from: Flemmbrav on November 23, 2020, 12:22:37 PM
<3

For the station building: try to use ctrl+click on the menu, it should show you all the directions
Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll practice it.  ;)

Mishasama

Oh man! The extended's GUI look like! 👍
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。