News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[r9180-Win] Hide city buildings error

Started by Mishasama, August 13, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishasama

It seems it will cut off something too high. Make it looks weird.
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。

prissi

This is the intended behavior. All levels of non-citybuildings higher than 1 will be left off.

Mariculous

How can that be intended o.O
It is clearly not a city building, so i would not expect "hide city buildings" to cut that industry... and it looks extremely ugly and buggy.

So is this really intended or just a sideffect of something and hard to fix?
In the former case, I'd really like to understand why this is intended.

Mishasama

Quote from: Freahk on August 16, 2020, 12:49:37 AM
How can that be intended o.O
It is clearly not a city building, so i would not expect "hide city buildings" to cut that industry... and it looks extremely ugly and buggy.

So is this really intended or just a sideffect of something and hard to fix?
In the former case, I'd really like to understand why this is intended.
Maybe for lower the graphic memory used. :P
But this is not what we expected. I just want to find the factories easily. ???
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

Ters

The purpose of hiding buildings, at least the way I use it, is to build things, and find things, that are behind buildings.

Cutting factories and attractions on the first level of hiding, makes it possible for me to recognize them, while still being reasonably able to see to build a station, or just roads, behind them.

The second level of hiding, is probably more for looking at the flow of vehicles, and interacting with them, rather than construction. Therefore, more things can be made truly hidden. Often I wish for a way to make stations invisible to.

So the first level of hiding hides more than stated, while the second hides less. Writing an exact description of what gets hidden, would probably take too much space.

Mishasama

Quote from: Ters on August 16, 2020, 09:21:54 AM
The purpose of hiding buildings, at least the way I use it, is to build things, and find things, that are behind buildings.

Cutting factories and attractions on the first level of hiding, makes it possible for me to recognize them, while still being reasonably able to see to build a station, or just roads, behind them.

The second level of hiding, is probably more for looking at the flow of vehicles, and interacting with them, rather than construction. Therefore, more things can be made truly hidden. Often I wish for a way to make stations invisible to.

So the first level of hiding hides more than stated, while the second hides less. Writing an exact description of what gets hidden, would probably take too much space.
What about tooltip? Or even write it into help.

prissi

Please change the translation on simutranslator. You can even submit a suggestion, if you do not want to register.