News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Pak256 Vehicles blender files

Started by RealAmerican1776, August 31, 2020, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealAmerican1776

Hello, for those working on the Japanese pak256, would it be possible to upload the blender for some of the Pak256 vehicles? I am trying to create my own Pak256.America, and I'm having trouble scaling my vehicles. Thank you.

Phystam

Thank you for the proposal, but we do not use blender but gmax. I think the file conversion is very poor, so I do not think your blender files work well.

RealAmerican1776

gmax? I've never heard of it, is it another software?

RealAmerican1776

Do you at least have a guide or template? That would help as well.

Phystam

That software is used for Simcity4 BAT tool. Our graphic designer is BAT creator, so we use that tool for simutrans, too.

RealAmerican1776

I did not know that and I'm a big SimCity fan, is it easier to use then Blender? I've always used Blender but I'm always looking for those kinds of software.

Phystam

I think it is easier. If you have simcity4, you can download BAT tool from somewhere. And gmax is free software.

RealAmerican1776

I do not have SimCity4, will it work with out it?

Phystam

no, BAT tool requires Simcity4. (gmax works standalone but there is no rendering tool.)

RealAmerican1776

I see. I can probably find a free version somewhere like the PiratesBay.

Roboron

You can also find it very cheap on online key resellers, it's a very old game now.

2 € / $ on https://www.g2a.com/simcity-4-deluxe-edition-steam-key-global-i10000005243004

RealAmerican1776

I'd rather not spend any money right now. I just sent over a manuscript for a book to a publisher and the publisher said that it is going to be about $3,200 to publish. I also need to go to my college's bookstore and get an online access code so I can do the homework for the Criminal Justice class and that is not going to be cheap either. Besides, I have Windows 10, I don't think it is going to work on my newer os. I tried Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 on my laptop and it doesn't work.

Phystam

In my desktop enviroment which has windows 10, simcity4 works fine.

RealAmerican1776

Maybe I'll stick with Blender, something I know how to use. I don't really want to learn a new software this far into my development.