News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

With pak96.comic problem

Started by z9999, April 18, 2009, 07:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999

A problem which is caused with pak96.comic.

I build 2 stops A and B. These stops accept all 3 categories.
I made one line from A to B and attached it to bus, mail-truck and truck.
Station detail window showed information of 3 categories.
I saved this game and exited Simutrans-Experimental.
I restarted Simutrans-Experimental and loaded saved game.

Then, station detail window only showed information of passengers.

I don't know what is wrong. But in a game, all passengers on such station was gone and no new passengers entered station or very few passengers entered.

I attached this game but I don't know you could reproduce the problem or not.

jamespetts

Hmm, that's rather odd - actually, the first behaviour is wrong, and the second behaviour is right: you have placed 'bus stops, which should not accept mail or goods, so it is odd that they report being served by mail and goods lines. I have not been able to reproduce this behaviour. Also, given the positioning of your stops, I would not expect more than a tiny number of passengers.

Can you try it with the separate halt capacities enabled to see whether that makes any difference?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

z9999

Quote from: jamespetts on April 18, 2009, 11:45:18 PM
Hmm, that's rather odd - actually, the first behaviour is wrong, and the second behaviour is right: you have placed 'bus stops, which should not accept mail or goods,

No. I wrote.

Quote from: z9999 on April 18, 2009, 07:38:50 PM
I build 2 stops A and B. These stops accept all 3 categories.

See the attached image. Stops information window have 3 icons, passengers, mail and goods.

[EDIT]
Okay, I tested with "seperate_halt_capacities=1" and result was the same.

jamespetts

Z9999,

thank you for testing that. I didn't realise that those 'bus stops were actually enabled for freight and mail, too. However, even more oddly, when I am testing it now, I do not get the problem that you describe - on loading your original saved game, all three categories appear in the halt details page on both stops. I have been testing, though, with the latest release, version 2.4, rather than 2.3. Perhaps you could try downloading 2.4 and see whether that makes it any better? I have not consciously changed the code relating to this, but I cannot reproduce the problem on the latest version.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

z9999

Thank you for your time. I already did it with version 2.4.
Now I made a new test game for pak64.
Same problem happened. I attached 2 games, demo.sve and A-002.sve

First, try to load A-002.sve and show stop detail window.
I can see 3 categories.

Second, copy demo.sve into pak64 folder and start Simutrans_Experimental.
(Demo.sve will be loaded.)
Then load A-002.sve and show stop detail window.
I only saw passengers information.

Can you reproduce this ?
If you not, please try release version, too.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for that additional information. It is really very odd that whether or not there is a demo.sve loaded at the beginning makes any difference. (Indeed, I notice that, in demo.sve, only mail is showing). However, I have found that, if the game is left to run for a while, all three categories come back. Can you check to see whether that is the same for you?

Note also that, because your stops are in the middle of nowhere and not actually attracting any goods or passengers, the re-routing code (which is part of what checks to see what is connected to what) will not run. As soon as any passengers or goods try to use the stop, the routes will be re-calculated if they are stale, or have not been calculated already. Try the test again using stops that are connected to goods and/or passengers, and see whether you get better results.

z9999

Thank you again.
But I don't want to spend any more time for this becausee this problem don't happen with original simutrans.
Thanks.

jamespetts

Ahh, well, I'm not sure that it's a significant problem at all, since I do not think that it would work like that whenever there were actual goods or passengers to load onto the stop: it would always check what can connect as soon as anything tries to load if it has not already been checked recently.

z9999

I can't confirm this with attached test game because Simutrans_Experimental v3.0 can't load the game saved in Simutrans_Experimental v2 anymore.
But the original following problem had been solved in v3.0. Thank you.

Quote from: z9999 on April 18, 2009, 07:38:50 PM
Then, station detail window only showed information of passengers.

I don't know what is wrong. But in a game, all passengers on such station was gone and no new passengers entered station or very few passengers entered.

I don't make a new topic but, some games always causes to crash when exiting in v3.0.

jamespetts

Z9999,

thank you very much for your feedback. The bug that prevented you from being able to load games saved in Simutrans-Experimental 2.x is now resolved in the latest version, 3.1. I am not sure why some games crash on exiting in Simutrans-Experimental, however: this appears to be idiosyncratic. It does not affect the ability of those games to be saved.