The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Pak192.Comic 2021 RC 1  (Read 492 times)

Offline Flemmbrav

• PAK-DEV P192C
  • Languages: DE, EN
Pak192.Comic 2021 RC 1
« on: September 12, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »
Hey there,

the next version of Pak192.Comic is slowly taking shape.
I've published a new release candidate you can download here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/tag/2021-V0.6-RC1
Please tell us what you think of the pakset as a whole as well as the recent changes!

Oh, and I brought a screenshot to tease you a bit:

Please note that a Simutrans-nightly from this summer is required. I personally use r9169. You can grab Simutrans-nightlies here: https://nightly.simutrans.com/en/

Offline Isaac Eiland-Hall

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
  • Providing hosting for Simutrans projects
    • pc2.io
  • Languages: EN
Re: Pak192.Comic 2021 RC 1
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 07:29:55 PM »
Screenshots from there never show for me. I wonder if it's convenient and you think about it - when you paste the screenshot URL, you might consider pasting it again outside of the img tag - that's what I do. It linkifies it so anyone who can't see the inline screenshot has a link to easily get to it, at least. :)

That being said, I grabbed the URL from your message and it looks great!

Offline Flemmbrav

• PAK-DEV P192C
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 10:56:26 PM »
It fetches well for me, so I go for it.
What do you use? Best for me would be imgur, but they compress the image sadly.

Offline Isaac Eiland-Hall

• Benevolent Dictator
  • Administrator
  • Providing hosting for Simutrans projects
    • pc2.io
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »
It fetches for me if I go to the link, it just shows up as an empty box inline here, so I had to edit your message to grab the link. :) If nobody else is having this problem and it's just me, it's probably not enough to worry about. :)

But as far as what I use - I upload screenshots to my server using ShareX:

https://ieh.im/i/200914-134355.png

Just because I love all the options for annotation, and you can even set it up to upload to different destinations.

Offline emuricdo

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 05:37:46 PM »
I think, that this version is running fine.
But I noticed, that there is only one trolleybus available.
Therefore I would like to ask, if other trolleybuses will be added before the final release of version 0.6.

Offline Flemmbrav

• PAK-DEV P192C
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
Hope you enjoy it as well!

There might be people claiming to work on trolleys, but these people are... unreliable in that regard? Well, what I want to say is: there are plans, but I doubt these will be followed by actions any time soon.

Do you think that trolleys are a significant part of the experience?
My focus is on balancing / freight cars right now, but if trolleys really are a thing the community whishes for, that might change.

Offline emuricdo

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 08:16:20 PM »
Hope you enjoy it as well!

There might be people claiming to work on trolleys, but these people are... unreliable in that regard? Well, what I want to say is: there are plans, but I doubt these will be followed by actions any time soon.

Do you think that trolleys are a significant part of the experience?
My focus is on balancing / freight cars right now, but if trolleys really are a thing the community whishes for, that might change.

Yes, I am enjoying it very much.
I just asked, because i was surprised. I think, that trolleybuses are not very important, but an interesting feature.

Offline Flemmbrav

• PAK-DEV P192C
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
awh~ I'm glad.

If you're invested in trolleys, please feel free to modify the already existing busses to trolleys.
It's not that hard and I'll be here to help where I can.
It's a topic we definitly don't do enough in, same with ships. I'd love to see some development in there too. Maybe even adding a truck that uses the overhead wires too?
In case you want to try it, you can find the images of the busses on GitHub over here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/tree/master/pakset/vehicles/road/image

Offline emuricdo

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 09:24:21 PM »
awh~ I'm glad.

If you're invested in trolleys, please feel free to modify the already existing busses to trolleys.
It's not that hard and I'll be here to help where I can.
It's a topic we definitly don't do enough in, same with ships. I'd love to see some development in there too. Maybe even adding a truck that uses the overhead wires too?
In case you want to try it, you can find the images of the busses on GitHub over here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/tree/master/pakset/vehicles/road/image

Thank you very much. I was already thinking about modifying the existing buses.
I will try modifying some buses, but it will take some time.