News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

I found a Jewel in the woods and it is Simutrans-Extended.

Started by ChristineR, August 17, 2020, 05:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristineR

I went to the download link and installed all ok the game is great. However I found a issue that may be due to my ignorance of trains, Nothing will transport Oil or Coal and yes I read the help files cover to cover, and they say noting about HOW to get a Truck or Train to transport oil or coal.  For Trucks it's the cargo bay, That magically trans ports most everything and for Trains, the Bulk goods loading-tower, and the goods shed. None of these will trans port Oil or Coal, I have a moving city's situation here, NO Electricity!
Help please. Is there a pack I didn't get? This is the Pack 128 England. On the same web page from your post.

Oh is the "" I have added a new steam locomotive in this commit: the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway 1 Class of 1880:"" in this pack?
PS I like the Experimental-Sinutrans.exe better than the 64 version and I could not get Oil or Coal transported there either, How ever in the Non Experimental version 121 I got lots of oil and coal trand ported. but have not figures out how to get ships to load and unload, Yet.

Many thanks for a great game. It is superior to the non Experimental Simutrans version.l
Christine

jamespetts

Hello and welcome to the forums - I am glad that you find Simutrans-Extended enjoyable.

I am having some trouble in understanding what problem that you are having with loading cargo - can you elaborate?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ChristineR

OKies here is a small clip that may explain things better
https://youtu.be/YTA9VmjZ-5o
This is the first here i can make more.

Many Thanks for taking the time with me.

jamespetts

From what I can tell from the video, no oil is being loaded onto the train because it is not destined for any station that is connected to an industry that demands oil; it does not appear to be connected to anything other than that one stop and the depot.

However, I also notice that you are using a very old version of Simutrans-Extended (when it was still called Simutrans-Experimental). May I suggest that you download the latest version? You will find that it works much better.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Quote from: ChristineR on August 19, 2020, 10:24:41 AM
I would love to, where is it?

You will need to download the complete package from here. If you are using Windows, you will probably need to right-click on the downloaded file and select "Extract all", then put it in a different folder from the one that has your existing Simutrans installations. Maybe something like this:

(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。