News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[BUG?] Bulk convoys not recording revenue

Started by Matthew, October 04, 2020, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

I have a number of bulk lines on the Bridgewater-Brunel map that are not recording any revenue, even though goods are being transported. I don't know why this is happening nor did other Discord users, it seems.

Here are some examples:

Brockleigh Bulk Line (truck)

West Sea Brockleigh Coal Ship

East Sea Swinpike Coal Ship

(Note that in this third case, a tiny amount of revenue [0.01¢] was recorded).

A save game from the server is here and these are all Great Central Railway | Cambrian Railway lines.

All the lines affected share the same characteristics: they are relatively short lines at the end of a journey that involved a much longer line. This diagram (not to scale) shows the most relevant portions of the network:

But this might be coincidental.

I am aware that it is difficult to debug server saves, but I thought that I would start this way because it's very possible that this isn't a bug, just some part of the Extended rules that I've forgotten about.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

I believe that this is related to the fare stages feature: certain goods types, including bulk goods, produce a diminishing per kilometre revenue the longer the journey until, eventually, they produce no additional per kilometre revenue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.