The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Coming issue: Font size and dialog size issue  (Read 123 times)

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
Coming issue: Font size and dialog size issue
« on: September 26, 2020, 04:50:23 AM »
Font size and dialog size issue

Incorporating from the standard will allow for a choice of font sizes and themes. As a result, new problems arise.
Extended has added a lot of new items to the dialog inherited from the standard. Sometimes it's packed with a lot of information. Unfortunately, it may already exceed the displayable limit.
That's a problem because it packs such information into dialogs that don't have scrollbars. Unless you buy a large monitor, you will not be able to see the information in the lower row of the dialog. (´・ω・`)
For example like this.

Note that most other dialogs do not require this large dialog height.

For example, in the building information window, information on nearby stations occupies many lines.
There are also many lines in road information window.
A simple fix is to add scrollbars here, but ideally these should have their own info dialogs.
And it's also a good idea to tab it to organize the information.
Now you can remove the restriction from the information that is intentionally reduced.
For example, connection information of surrounding stations and roads.

Sadly I don't know how to create a new window and I don't have time to work on it. There are tons of other issues that need to be resolved. (´・ω・`)

Unfortunately, font size selection or some dialogs will still have this problem until it is implemented.
I came to inform you of it today. Thank you.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
Re: Coming issue: Font size and dialog size issue
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »
Adding tabs is very easy, since they can be also part of a container. Since this is probably a multiline string, it looks like very straight forward. But then GUI work is quite an effort most programmers often tend to avoid.

Offline Matthew

• Japan Railway Journal
  • Languages: EN, some ZH, DE & SQ
Re: Coming issue: Font size and dialog size issue
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 01:02:02 PM »
Ranran, I can see from Github that you have been very busy incorporating Standard's new GUI framework into Extended. This does not have many results yet, but this very large project is so important for the long-term future of Simutrans. Thank you so much for all your efforts!

(Image: Wikimedia Commons/Ie zzeblex, CC-BY-SA)