News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Coming feature information: new 3 list dialogs

Started by Ranran(retired), September 27, 2020, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Many features will be added from Standard. This is a partial advance notice.

Two list functions are added from the standard.
- Depot list
- Vehicle list

And I was inspired by them to create a Signalbox list.

A total of 3 list dialogs will be added.
These can be registered in the tool menu and also in the shortcut key.
dialog_tool[32]=,^D
dialog_tool[33]=,^V
dialog_tool[128]=,^S

Therefore, it is advisable to have icons for these lists.
Since the signalbox dialog tool is unique to extended, it is registered at number 128.

Notice the difference between the Convoy list and the vehicle list. The existing convoy list is like a train list, and the vehicle list is like a pictorial book. You can see the difference in standard.

Unfortunately, due to technical issues, the vehicle list is unable to incorporate any more commits. Therefore, it is not currently optimized for extended. (´・ω・`)
It may be better to keep it sealed by not registering shortcut keys and menus until it is optimized.
I will post the technical issues in another thread.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Ranran(retired)

Use the attached menuconf to test the three newly added dialogs.

ctrl + Ddepot list
ctrl + Vvehicle list
ctrl + Ssignalbox list

You may want to rename the existing "Vehicle List" to something like "Convoy List".
I think the depot list is one of the most useful features. It is recommended to create an icon and place it inside the list tools. (Signalbox list if possible too)
The (new) vehicle list has not yet been optimized for specifications.

Vladki

Depot and signalbox list are good idea. I thought that convoy list already exists. But I think that ctrl - c and ctrl - v is already used for copy&paste  (and ctrl-x for cut)

If you are at depot list, could you please look at the arrows on the top of depot window? They should list through all depots, but they do so only in one direction, and do not wrap around.

Similar arrows would be nice on signalboxes too.
Thank you.

jamespetts

This is most interesting - thank you for your work on this. Should not these new lists also be accessible from the lists dialogue in the GUI? Each pakset may need new icons for these.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Quote from: Vladki on November 01, 2020, 12:25:20 PMBut I think that ctrl - c and ctrl - v is already used for copy&paste
I guess that's the same as with any non-ctrl hotkeys, but I didn't try.
When you have a textbox in focus, it will catch the key codes, for example b, which is block reservation, or even backspace and delete, which is close all respectively one window, so I'd exct ctrl+c to be caught by the textbox, which should not interfere with ctrl+c when no textbox is opened at all.
Again, I did not test this, but if it does interfere, I'd rather expect it to be a bug than a feature.

Ranran(retired)

I pushed the depot list signalbox list icon and shortcut key added to my github branch, please confirm.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-pak128.britain/tree/newlists

Please adjust the key assignment. And you need to draw the assignment key on the icon as well.

About the vehicle list icon, it is similar to the convoy list so I don't know what to design. (´・ω・`)
Therefore, a temporary plain icon is currently registered.

jamespetts

For reference, these features will be part of the game from to-morrow's nightly build onwards.

Many thanks to Ranran for the splendid work in adding these.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.