News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

F10 key

Started by Ranran(retired), October 05, 2020, 11:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I was looking into this because I thought the F10 key behaved strangely. Extended has such a description in the help(text\en\keys.txt), but standard does not.

[<em>F10</em>]: pause/unpause game.<br>

I came to the conclusion that the description was incorrect, not malfunctioning.
That key is the key to focus the Windows menu. A similar function is assigned to the F10 key in Excel.
You can scroll through the menu by pressing the F10 key and then the up and down keys. For example, you can close the game from there.
On the contrary, other actions cancel the pose. Therefore, the above description is misleading.

EDIT:
As Prissi explained, Extended automatically generates keys.txt. That is, keys.txt is no longer used in extended too. Since it is an unnecessary file, we recommend that you delete it as well as standard.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Roboron

For me F1...F12 open the help dialog, which apparently means that they are not mapped to any action (in the game. - F11 does make the game fullscreen, but also opens the dialog).

prissi

The key.txt is essentially autogenerated in standard, so there are only key mappings that are assigned. (However, you may find more than one key mapping for two tools, there is too little error checking ... ) While you can assign functions keys, the is rarely used. Not sure why. Before the curretn system, the Beos had no function key mapping, but this is 15 years obsolete ...

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: prissi on October 05, 2020, 12:17:34 PMWhile you can assign functions keys
I tried to use the F10 key in menuconf. But nowhere else was the F10 key used, but I couldn't assign it. That's why I first guessed that the F10 key was assigned a special feature. So I think F10 is occupied by the system like F1.

Quote from: Roboron on October 05, 2020, 11:08:53 AMFor me F1...F12 open the help dialog, which apparently means that they are not mapped to any action (in the game. - F11 does make the game fullscreen, but also opens the dialog).
I think F1 is the normal main help screen. Help for shortcut keys opens except for F1 and F10.
F10 does not open the help screen in my environment. The behavior of F11 seems to be different from mine. I suspect that the OS or the kind of capture application is assigned a full-window action.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

prissi

All keys without function open the help window, and thus does F1. It is not specially assigned to open the help. If F10 is caputered. maybe there is an SDL2 setting or an OS setting which indeed does not send the key to simutrans. But this is strange, since many programs use this key.

Matthew

FYI the F10 key opens the help window for me. I am using SDL2, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 18.04 (Gnome) and none of them intercept it.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。