News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

PAK128.german v 1.3 is out

Started by makie, June 15, 2020, 08:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makie

The team of PAK128.german is pleased to announce a improved full of our graphics set for Simutrans 121.0. It is playable from the year 1800 on and orientates itself as before both in relation to the vehicle park as well as with regard to the buildings, driveways and landscape elements to Germany. The chronology (timeline) is characterized by a strong focus on the real history of Germany - even if the set can not and does not reflect exactly the actual development of the economy and transport systems.

Attention: this Version 1.3 works only with Program Simutrans Version 121.0 and higher!
Download the file from SF here

This is probably the last version from the 1.x series
The versions 1.0 to 1.3 have uniform price for the vehicles.
In the upcoming version 2.0, all vehicles will have changed maintenance and operating costs.
This version is for fans and enthusiasts of the old pricing system.
The version contains, apart from the changed prices and the double height levels, all the innovations of the upcoming version 2.0 available until June 14th, 2020.

PAK128.german Version 1.3

• new: Hospitals that consume medicine, textiles and food.
  • new: In 2035 there is a new futuristic train called NGT with a top speed of 440 km/h.
  • new: A small steam locomotive T0 to save costs on branch lines in addition to small passenger cars.
  • new: More townhouses with 4 tiles.
  • new: Now it is possible to rotate existing buildings.
  • new: Adjacent stops can be merged.
  • change: Now all trees with transparent shadows and some with more may green in spring.
  • change: Railway tunnels and bridges have become significantly more expensive. The old prices were near zero.

PAK128.german Version 1.2

• new: Oktoberfest. This, if well stocked, grows into the largest folk festival in the world.
  • new: Smoke from vehicles is now more transparent and no longer so pixelated.
  • new: More townhouses with 4 tiles.
  • change: City growth. Old towns should not disappear now. Large housing estates arise on the edge.
  • change: Street growth. The blocks of houses are now bigger, for more space, for the new multi-tile houses.
  • change: Occasionally a magnificent or two-lane road is built. Can be used for highways or trams.
  • This can be turned off. You have to swap the cityrules.tab for the cityrules_VS1.2_ohne_Autobahn.tab (-> without a highway).
  • Bug fixes: Motorcycles are no longer in the 19th century.

The Scenario contain a extended map of Germany with the starting year 1800.
This is based on a real map. The heights and regions are nearly correct. The main cities are in the right places and are roughly modeled. The map also contains the Alps and parts of Austria and Switzerland, as well as the southern edge of the Alps with parts of northern Italy. The starting point of the project was the Alps as a traffic obstacle and the difficult routing of transit routes through mountains.

In the folder SaveGames are saved three saves, as a suggestion.

On our homepage  https://www.pak128-german.de/ there are additional Information to all objects. Tips for switching with saved games from older versions to this one. Addons, previews of future versions and saved scores.

The Team hope you enjoy Simutrans as much as we do.   :)

Thanks for this version:

• Pumuckl999 -> for the many new graphics
  • NNW -> for some new houses and trees as well as troubleshooting
  • Michelstadt -> Suggestions and help with the double height levels
  • Altix -> Ideas, Tests, and Notes on Errors
  • Makie -> old trees with transparent shadows, new streets before 1900, and something others
  • Ampersand -> translations Polish, French and English

P.S: If you wonder why there was no announcement of version 1.2.
The 1.2 on SF had a nasty bug that I was only able to fix today.
The plan was to fix bugs first and then announce 1.2.  ::-\

-----------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
There is a poll about balancing new beta version 2.0. You can download an test this here:
https://www.simutrans-forum.de/mybb/showthread.php?tid=9285

ampersand

Great! But I have not finished even half of the translation to English. I will edit this post with a download text link once at least all vehicles and factories receive English labels. No particular time fixed for this.  :P

makie

Attention: Important do not use german text (de.tab) downloaded from translator, with 121.0 this will crash if you try to build a ancient road.
Using Nightly version of Simutrans or use the (de.tab) contained in this Pak VS 1.3 is no problem. 

popeye77T

I like it.   The graphics are amazing....so much better than the English Simutrans.   And more interesting too.   Only one criticism for v1.3.
For coal, iron, wood etc the only trailer is very small and not much use I think. Otherwise it's great.  Thank you.
Popeye

ChristineR

:) Great pack. I have really enjoyed playing it. I have a question though, where did the really cool road bridge go? I hit 1945 and neither of the two bridges work at all ! The Interstate or the steel bridge. Is there a fix for this please?

makie

Quote from: ChristineR on October 06, 2020, 10:52:46 PM
I have a question though, where did the really cool road bridge go? I hit 1945 and neither of the two bridges work at all ! The Interstate or the steel bridge. Is there a fix for this please?
The old Stone Bridge is gone 1940. It's too old-fashioned, too labor-consuming and slow to build. Modern bridges are made of steel.

But what doesn't work with the steel bridges?

ChristineR

Hey guys, a great pack, congratulations on a great achievement! I run Simutrans 121.0 -r8870 with PAC128.german V1.3 on Win7. It is now Winter Dec 1969 and I have lost Elevated Roads! I also noticed you took away some of the rail signals. However this not a issue as the replacements are working out fine for now,. Can I please have the Elevated Roads back?
Many Thanks
Christine
PS well someone there is really nice and now all the road and rail bridges work great. The litte sims driving around all have a smile on their face! :)

makie

Indeed there is a hole in the timeline at Winter Dec 1969. Elevated Road (as asphalt road) with 100 km/h come up at January 1970.
I will fix this in the next release.
A similar hole is at Dec 1993 by the signals. This is fixed in version 2.0.

You should change to Simutrans 122.0 to avoid crashes.

Roboron

Quote from: makie on October 15, 2020, 09:02:47 AMIndeed there is a hole in the timeline at Winter Dec 1969. Elevated Road (as asphalt road) with 100 km/h come up at January 1970.

A similar hole, but for missing oil ship, is at 1925, according to this bug report.

pumuckl999

Hm, Rheinfahrt IX works here in Version 1.3 and 2.0.
But it exist no oil rig. Oil rig appears 1950. So you can transport oil 1925 only from harbor to another harbor.

But I found a graphic glitch at testing. Maybe in one rotation the tugboat is too long and 2-3 pixels appears a few fields from the boat.

/maybe:
tried to put in front the barge instead of appending?

makie

Quote from: Roboron on October 19, 2020, 03:31:12 PM
A similar hole, but for missing oil ship, is at 1925, according to this bug report.
Thank You for the bug report.

Yes, the constraint for the "Tankschleppkahn Wilde Hilde" are complete  mistaken.
I will correct this in the next version.

Yes, the Radschlepper Rheinfahrt IX has a seagull flying constantly behind.  ;)

Roboron

Thank you both for the quick reply and the update, I will let the user know about this fix.

pumuckl999

OK, I see the problem: I´ve tested in january, retire month of the Rheinfahrt is december. Next ship for oil appears 1950. The "Dünung" should work from 1920-1950 with "Wilde Hilde" but it dosn´t without constraint entry.

Hm, very long list of constraints, but an important is missed :).

makie

it is very simple
it is the (long) list of "Towboat Geheimrat von Lavale"  :o

makie

The Version 2.0 from today should fix the bugs reported by Huperspace.

@Roboron If you put Version 2.0 to Steam, take a download form SourceForge after today.

Roboron

Quote from: makie on October 21, 2020, 09:52:58 AM
The Version 2.0 from today should fix the bugs reported by Huperspace.

@Roboron If you put Version 2.0 to Steam, take a download form SourceForge after today.

Okay, I did it already. I have more bugs reported by Huperspace yesterday for pak128.german, I will report them on this forum later.

makie

Quote from: Roboron on October 21, 2020, 10:03:40 AMI will report them on this forum later.
I have read this bug reports. The easy one are fixed now. Huperspace should check this.

Roboron

Quote from: makie on October 21, 2020, 11:04:29 AM
I have read this bug reports. The easy one are fixed now. Huperspace should check this.

In today's release? Which of them?

1. newer Chemical Plant a lot more ineffective https://steamcommunity.com/app/434520/discussions/1/4070650515258271286/
2. trailers are available 1 month before the first semi truck appears https://steamcommunity.com/app/434520/discussions/1/4070650515257912112/
3. Concrete motorway 1935 icon says 130 but tooltip show only 80km/h https://steamcommunity.com/app/434520/discussions/1/4070650515258271286/

I'm trying to maintain a record of every bug reported on Steam so I don't get lost ( https://github.com/orgs/simutrans/projects/1 ). Please let me know which of them were fixed so I can update the status.

makie

1. no ... balancing of industries is not easy this is a bigger project
2. yes 3 yes

and the bug noted by ChristineR up here

Roboron

Quote from: makie on October 21, 2020, 11:23:46 AM1. no ... balancing of industries is not easy this is a bigger project

Alright, I understand. Let me know if you make any progress on this.