The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Feature request: 'delete stop' and 'delete sign/signal' tools  (Read 328 times)

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN
Feature request: 'delete stop' and 'delete sign/signal' tools
« on: December 28, 2020, 03:34:16 AM »
Sometimes one wishes to remove a station platform, for example, but accidentally removes the signal there, costing 2500c to remove and another 2500 to place back again.
Other times, one wishes to remove a bus stop, but clicking it with the delete tool removes a pedestrian or private car. In frustration, one clicks repeatedly, and accidentally removes not only all the private cars and pedestrians, but the stop, a road sign and the road itself. Ditto when trying to remove a sign on a busy street.
These two tools would make these processes so much smoother and easier. I am not very experienced in adding tools. Hopefully ranran or someone else is willing to implement it, but if not, I will.

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: Feature request: 'delete stop' and 'delete sign/signal' tools
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »
This would certainly be a useful addition in principle if someone is willing to code it and produce button graphics for it.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »
Hopefully ranran or someone else is willing to implement it, but if not, I will.
Unfortunately I don't think I have time to do it in the near future as it is less relevant to the work I'm doing now. There are a number of GUIs that haven't been updated yet...

And I think this is also useful in the standard. It may be possible to avoid confusion of tool numbers in advance.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
You could erverse order with Control click already.