The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Schedule windows improvements  (Read 1735 times)

makie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
    • My addons, mostly roadsigns, pak128.cs
  • Languages: EN, CS
Re: Schedule windows improvements
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2020, 09:07:59 PM »
The apply button was requested to allow to revert a schedule. However, it is entirely possible to apply the schedule upon closing/changing the tab.
Wouldn't it be sufficient then to have only the revert button, and auto-apply when closing the window as before? I don't know how long is this change there, whether "standard" players are already used to the apply button or not. For me it is one more click that I'm not used to...

deleting line is in the line window under the convoi tab.
Found it... I did not expect it there. I did not even notice the tabs before. I was quite fine with the old line dialog as it was....

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2020, 02:32:07 PM »
This means to move the convoi deletion buttons back to the details tab. Maybe no the worst place. Please try r9430, which is liek the old, i.e. actumatically applies schedule and stops convoi while applying.

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 06:20:13 PM »
That is better. The flow for depot - buy vehicle, set schedule, promote to line is smooth now. The only problem is, that after closing the line and schedule windows, the depot still says "no schedule". But if I reopen the schedule, it is there, even with the new line mentioned. But the depot does not recognize the schedule until the depot window is closed and opened again. Even then it says the vehicle has "individual schedule", and not the newly created line. But sending the vehicle out of depot works and it goes on the intended line.

Is it possible to not stop the convoy when I switch to the schedule tab? That is not very nice (and especially if ported to extended - it will switch vehicles to drive by sight). I admit that in this case the apply button would make sense. Or an edit button, that would stop the vehicle, enable editing, and change itself to apply/revert button. Or better if editing the schedule would be possible without stopping the vehicle. And it will stop only after leaving the dialog/tab.

Switching between tabs should not affect the convoy in any way. Also there used to be information about the line a vehicle is running, with a link (triangle) to the line management, where one could examine the line.  Now there is only a link to Edit the line, but not to view it. Would it be appropriate to show the line (or info that the vehicle has individual schedule) in the common part, below the destination line?

And one more thing - I tried editing the schedule. Added one more stop and reverted. At that moment the invisible window containing the list of stops shrunk to minimum, so only two stops were visible, an scrollbar (that was not shown before) appeared. See scrreenshot
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:02:24 PM by Vladki »

Online makie

• Devotee
    • Homepage PAK128-German
  • Languages: DE
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 08:47:23 PM »
 ??? in the past ist was possible to stop a vehicle, just open the schedule windows

it is no way to stop a vehicle now  :-[

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2020, 10:58:30 PM »
??? in the past ist was possible to stop a vehicle, just open the schedule windows

it is no way to stop a vehicle now  :-[
It is - just open the schedule tab of the convoy. It just is imho not intuitive. I'd not expect switching tabs to do anything. The previous way of clicking on button that opened the schedule was imho more inutitive (or maybe I just got used to it)

Online makie

• Devotee
    • Homepage PAK128-German
  • Languages: DE
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 08:19:51 AM »
*Hm* now it works. (with Rev 9433)

but it has not yesterday

Maybe a special constellation. If it works this way, it is ok. 

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 12:44:26 PM »
Somehow my answer was not registered.

Your workflow is somewhat broken. If you want to create a new line, then there is the new line entry in the line selector. That the promote to line button works for the convoi is rather luck ...

Changing the schedule while driving is difficult, because this is also the place to change the next stop in the schedule. However, for inserting operation the current entry must be changed. Or when the window is open for some time, the current entry is advanced. (Ok, as long as there are zero edits, the current entry could advance in the schedule tab too.) But if there was any edit, then there is no chance of updating it, because the intention is lost.

One way out could be that the current stop cannot be set from the schedule, rather there would be a "advance current destination" button.

Also there was complaints about not being able to stop convois, so I introduced it again. If not stopping, we may need again a convoi stopping button.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:27:26 PM by prissi »

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 03:14:48 PM »
Perhaps just a description on the tab would be enough - "edit schedule (stop convoy)"  but it is quite long...

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: Today at 03:18:33 AM »
Before you had to click the schedule button to see the schedule, and that dialog usually popped up just where you wanted to add the stops. Hence the change.

But you are right, the line could be shown again.