The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Information regarding new translatable texts  (Read 336 times)

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
Information regarding new translatable texts
« on: November 05, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »
Here's some translation-related information that will be added in the upcoming patch.

A lot of translatable text is added by incorporating from standard and GUI overhaul.
It has not been implemented yet. Therefore, it is subject to change. It will be updated from time to time.
I'm not an English speaker, so proofreading English is very helpful.

In addition, you can point out more suitable expressions by checking its operation and placement in the game.

The font size is now variable. However, on the other hand, some button sizes are fixed depending on the theme, and some are flexible. Even if it is flexible, placing long text there can break the overall layout. It may be better to check the location of the text and use the shortest term possible if necessary.
These can be problems in common with simutrans. However, some layout issues may need to be modified in the code.

Those added by standard need to edit the translation via the standard simutranslator, so we need to import it into extended. But that means we can't have different translations for the same translatable term, standard and extended. (This was raised in another thread in the past.)

Importing from standard may overwrite appropriate changes or add unwanted terminology.
Therefore, I think it is better not to import from the standard in a well-maintained language.
Some help texts will also be added (for example depot list), but at first glance it seems that those help texts have not been added in standard yet.

Missing help texts:
-depotlist.txt
-load_font.txt
-vehiclelist.txt
These three are from standard
-signalboxlist.txt
The last one is extended unique

Help texts that may need to be reviewed:
-display.txt
Display setting dialog is split by tabs and many options are added.

Perhaps the most translated text added this time is the display setting tab. Check this carefully.
The difference between standard and extended is that tooltip help text is placed on the label. So the newly added button also needs helptext, but I don't speak English so it's possible that weird English is written now.

I integrated the tabs as suggested in another thread. As a result, I added the label with the tree structure in mind to make it easier to see. The number of lines increases compared to standard. I don't know if map scroll is the correct expression. I couldn't decide which was more suitable for Map scrolling.
Check for changes in visibility and text. I would appreciate any feedback on this.

New terms from standard (1):
Code: [Select]
Show finances for transport type
Copy to clipboard
Start this as a server
Map number: %d
Maximize height levels
Select display font
font size
Only full Unicode fonts
Select a theme for display
Theme selector
vh_title
dp_title
Show finances for transport type
<h1>Error</h1><p><strong>
contains the following doubled objects:</strong><p>
I think it's okay to use the standard translations as they are.
These are mainly on the added window.
Show finances for transport type is on the finance window.
The last two are warning display when start up the game.

New terms from standard (2), for display setting dialog :
GUI settings
map view
Num pad keys always move map
Simple drawing
transparencies
traffic settings
Convoi following mode
If you are using a debug build, you can see a button labeled "Simple drawing". This is just a debug button from the standard.

New terms Extended unique (1):
sb_title
sb_type
sb_connected
by_region
Allowed regions:
<p>Continue by ESC, SPACE, or BACKSPACE.<br>
*sb = signalbox
The last one is warning display when start up the game.

New terms Extended unique (2): for display setting dialog
tooltip/coverage
Grid
Brightness
Map scroll
Station display
always show all
only error convoys
only active player's
never show
mouseover
Convoy tooltips
Nameplates
Loading bar
Tooltip
Money message
The line name or convoy name is displayed above the convoy.
A loading rate bar is displayed above the convoy.
Income display displayed when convoy arrives at the stop.
Divided by class
Waiting bars are displayed separately for each class.
Unified
Divided by category
Divided by goods
Select the behavior of the camera when the following convoy enters the tunnel.
do nothing

Some text has replaced the old text and is already in the tab file.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:43:56 PM by Ranran »

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
Re: Information regarding new translatable texts
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:28 AM »
If you check out the svn, it contains a file "base.tab" below trunk, which contains almost all changes of translations between version.

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
Thank you both - that is helpful. I believe that Simutranslator merges Standard's translations for Extended and thus only Extended specific texts need to be uploaded to it - can I confirm that this is still the case?

In any event, it is very helpful to have a list of texts that need translating. I can start on the English translations once the patch has been incorporated.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 12:45:33 PM »
I upload the text manually, there is no automatism (unfourtunately).

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 10:25:32 AM »
It should be noted that many of the terms added in standard are not used in extended.
Most of the things that aren't listed seem to be unused words.
For example, if you compare the display setting dialog, you can see that there are many unused terms.
I have integrated the notation because there are many similar options.
There are cases where it is better to use terms that already exist in extended. (Vehicle list, etc. - the (new) Vehicle list has not been updated yet and remains incomplete.)

However, there are so many changes that I may have missed it from the list. If you find it, it would be greatly appreciated if you could report it.

After all, it is difficult to make a correct translation without knowing where and under what circumstances the translated word is used.
I don't speak English so it needs to be checked. Those that are used as they are without changing from the standard probably do not need to be changed. dp_title etc. But as James pointed out, the "Freight" tab name didn't fit.