The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Industries build/"upgraded" with missing connections and/or useless connections  (Read 222 times)

Online freddyhayward

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN
Examples from bridgewater-brunel:

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
I'm just adding a status display for the purpose of clarifying the anomaly.
I believe we can add processing to try connections at the beginning of the month with the missing connections flag.
And if possible, make the correct connection during the upgrade.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 10:19:33 AM by Ranran »

Online freddyhayward

• Devotee
I'm just adding a status display for the purpose of clarifying the anomaly.
What do you mean by this? I'm not sure how it could be clearer...

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
What do you mean by this? I'm not sure how it could be clearer...
It means, I just added that error display and not added any processing to make up for it.

At that time, I noticed that industries on the bridge water server was shut down one after another and sometimes lacked connectivity.
The factory did not indicate that the connection was lost until the indication was added.

In addition to the pattern of losing connections with upgrades, closures can also cause loss of connection.

Online freddyhayward

• Devotee
There might be a translation error here. "I'm just adding a status display" might mean "Currently, I am adding a status display" but it seems you really meant "Previously, I only added a status display".

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
Oh, that's right. I intended the latter. (´・ω・`)
Did not check the translation cautiously.

Offline wlindley

• Devotee
    • Hacking for fun and profit since 1977
  • Languages: EN, DE
Perhaps each industry could, a few times a year, check its connections, and -- thinking like a businessperson -- renegotiate unsatisfactory contracts?

This would mean: drop suppliers from which no goods are received for a long time. And request to add suppliers for which transportation channels exist (non-greyed out in the dialog boxes), with the supplier at the other end deciding (based on its own contracts and output levels) whether it wants to accept. The same on the consuming end.

Then, as new suppliers, consumers, and  factories are added, the whole economy would start to act like a real economy, with occasionally-changing networks that react to our (hopefully) improving transporation networks.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
I've noticed that I'm seeing a missing connection on a power plant that doesn't require a connection to run, such as wind power plants, so I fixed that. Included with pull request # 296.