News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Survey: Players who have left the Bridgewater-Brunel server

Started by jamespetts, December 13, 2020, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you have stopped playing on the Bridgewater-Brunel server, what were the main reason(s) for this? Select all that apply, but only select reasons that you consider important to your decision

A change in personal circumstances meant that I no longer had the time/inclination to play much Simutrans at all
4 (57.1%)
I found it difficult to keep up with the amount of work required to maintain a transport company on this map
1 (14.3%)
I found the amount of time that the game took to load frustrating
1 (14.3%)
I found it too difficult to join the server
2 (28.6%)
I found the game to be too unresponsive after I had successfully joined
5 (71.4%)
I was frustrated by gameplay/balance issues (please specify)
1 (14.3%)
I was frustrated by bugs (please specify)
0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

jamespetts

I am evaluating what lessons can be learnt from the current run of the Bridgewater-Brunel server for when we restart the server (hopefully, once we have reached the future), and it would be very helpful for me to have an idea of why the people who have stopped playing on the server have done so.

Please only select what you believe are the main reasons, although if you think that there was more than one main reason, you may specify up to three different reasons above.
I should be very grateful if as many people who have played on the Bridgewater-Brunel server with the current saved game (i.e. since May 2020) and no longer do so could take part, as, the more data that I have available, the better.
Thank you all in advance.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Just my "please spcify" option:
I was frustrated by gameplay/balance issues (please specify): PROW madness

That wasn't the main reason why I disappeared but one of main reasons why I prefer to spend my rather few simutrans time on the p192c test server at the moment, where I can abuse the public player to get rid of this.

jamespetts

Thank you all for your feedback so far. Those who found the game too unresponsive after joining - may I ask if you could have a go at logging in from to-morrow morning and see whether the recent performance improvements plus some settings changes that I made recently have improved this at all or whether the game is still too unresponsive? That would be very helpful. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

For the non-nerds: prow is certainly not part of a ship, and I am quite certain it is not the definition of the urban dictionary as well. So what does PROW mean?

freddyhayward

Quote from: prissi on December 14, 2020, 02:32:58 AMSo what does PROW mean?
Public Right Of Way - essentially referring to the restrictions on deleting and modifying roads on the server.

zook2

If it's still of interest: I've joined late (1999) and it's quite fun. None too difficult to make a profit, although I obviously can't get into the rail business any longer. The only things frustrating are:

1) game lag. Sometimes it's OK-ish, sometimes it quickly increases to several minutes and I have to quit and rejoin. Could be my computer, though (8 GB RAM, 2 cores). Although CPU and memory load are well below 100% (60-80, usually).
2) Large number of city cars, even with good public transport. That has been discussed lately (private cars on crossings). It causes too many vehicles to get stuck for months.

I don't mind the loading time.