News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[BUG] clicking an object multiple times will toggle the related window

Started by Mariculous, December 28, 2020, 01:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

When I click on an object, for example a station, clicking it once will open the related window, clicking the same object a second time will close that window and so on.
On my Linux build this can reliably be reproduced anywhere.
This effectively prevents me from accessing vehicle windows if that vehicle is located on a stop. The first click will open the station window, the second one will close it instead of opening the vehicle window.

jamespetts

Odd - I am unable to reproduce this with my home compiled Linux build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

It just sounds like the "theme" feature is working.
Which theme did you use? Did you change the theme settings? Do other themes have the same symptoms? There is a standard bug where changing the theme inherits the values of the previous theme. Therefore, please restart the game when checking.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Vladki

I did not notice that, but another "stupid behavior" - clicking on station will open the window in the place of cursor - so it is impossible to click again to get the convoy dialog (or further objects like way, platform, signal, etc). One has to scroll before that. So it would be nice if dialogs in general do not open in the cursor position. Or to change the order: first convoy, then the station. I got used to that order long time ago (perhaps while playing TTD) - and when I want station info, I click on an extension building or empty platform.

prissi

Control+Click reverts the order of info windows. If info windows for ground tiles is off, then the convoi window should open.