News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Index out of bounds when deleting tracks

Started by freddyhayward, December 29, 2020, 07:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Is that a specific place on the Bridgewater-Brunel server game? Do I infer correctly that the highlighted tile is the one that you had attempted to delete? I should note that it will be some time before I am able to attend to bug reports, and may well not be able to reproduce this if the server game has changed state since this report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

freddyhayward

Quote from: jamespetts on December 29, 2020, 11:05:11 AM
Thank you for the report. Is that a specific place on the Bridgewater-Brunel server game? Do I infer correctly that the highlighted tile is the one that you had attempted to delete? I should note that it will be some time before I am able to attend to bug reports, and may well not be able to reproduce this if the server game has changed state since this report.
Yes, that is a specific place, and I will leave the old stop there so that it can be found on the halt list. I tried to delete all tiles from the end of the line up until that tile.

Matthew

I also had a crash and very similar error message when deleting a station extension building today:

FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - s: index out of bounds: 1 not in 0..0
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
http://forum.simutrans.com

I am trying to get core dumps working on Linux, which might then permit a fuller backtrace.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Quote from: Matthew on December 29, 2020, 12:49:22 PM
I also had a crash and very similar error message when deleting a station extension building today:

FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - s: index out of bounds: 1 not in 0..0
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
http://forum.simutrans.com

I am trying to get core dumps working on Linux, which might then permit a fuller backtrace.

Thank you. The most helpful thing by far would be a reproduction case - crashes are relatively easy to track down with a reproduction case.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Looking at this again, I am afraid that I am not able to find this location in my save from May 1981. Can you give me the co-ordinates?

Matthew

This bug appears to have been fixed. I have deleted several stops without difficulty.

EDIT: Deleting roads sometimes crashes the server though.....  ::'(
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。