Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Pull request: crash when clicking on various signs

Started by freddyhayward, January 02, 2021, 11:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/331
From pull request comment:
Quotethis is a temporary fix that doesn't address the underlying issue - but it will prevent those crashes in the meantime

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

This is caused by the table layout being corrupted because when a cell is hidden, it is considered non-existent and the cell is skipped instead of being considered a 0 size cell if the rigid is false.
I think the cell size should be considered 0,0 if visible is false given that we can toggle the display with set_visible. (Depending on the conditions after initialization)
However, it's standard code and I haven't changed it so I don't know how to fix it. (´・ω・`)

I have made a change so that it wouldn't crash without at least the freddy fix code (it creates an extra empty line), but, it is worth noting that it does not crash even in such a case. Until then, error displays made it difficult to identify where the cause of the problem was. It has been removed. Thank you very much.

Also, one of the root causes is that code is vulnerable to table layout settings, but freddy changes seem to remedy this vulnerability.

EDIT:
Note that my master branch now has a range sort added to the convoy list for another branch. This is a small addition and not very valuable, but if you don't need it, just pick the fix commit.

Please note that google translate gets worse every day.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.