The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: importing buildings from other paks into park.128  (Read 287 times)

Offline MattGosford

importing buildings from other paks into park.128
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm playing the original pak.128 on Mac via Steam. I would like to know if I can import other building sets from the British, Japan and German pak into my game? Is this possible?

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
    • My addons, mostly roadsigns, pak128.cs
  • Languages: EN, CS
Re: importing buildings from other paks into park.128
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 08:46:38 AM »
Yes you can as long as they are the same size (128) - put them into ~/simutrans/addons/pak128/
Town buildings and attractions should not be a problem - at worst they may have a bit different scale, and not match the style of the others.
You may have problems if importing factories, as they may produce goods unknown to the base pakset.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
Re: importing buildings from other paks into park.128
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 03:05:06 AM »
The are with different scaled, and in case of station buildings, they may expect the track at a different position. Also a lot of these buildigns may overwrite similar buildings with the same name (most likely for townhalls and city buildings)

In order to do so, I advise to create a folder "addons" in you simutrans directory (where "save" with the savegames is) and then inside a fodler "pak128" where you copy the buildings you want. So you can still join online games with the vanilla pak128 and use your pak128 with the additions.