News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

importing buildings from other paks into park.128

Started by MattGosford, January 06, 2021, 06:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattGosford

Hi,

I'm playing the original pak.128 on Mac via Steam. I would like to know if I can import other building sets from the British, Japan and German pak into my game? Is this possible?

Vladki

Yes you can as long as they are the same size (128) - put them into ~/simutrans/addons/pak128/
Town buildings and attractions should not be a problem - at worst they may have a bit different scale, and not match the style of the others.
You may have problems if importing factories, as they may produce goods unknown to the base pakset.

prissi

The are with different scaled, and in case of station buildings, they may expect the track at a different position. Also a lot of these buildigns may overwrite similar buildings with the same name (most likely for townhalls and city buildings)

In order to do so, I advise to create a folder "addons" in you simutrans directory (where "save" with the savegames is) and then inside a fodler "pak128" where you copy the buildings you want. So you can still join online games with the vanilla pak128 and use your pak128 with the additions.

MattGosford

Thanks for your help. Call me stupid, but I can't find simutrans on my Mac because it's downloaded in Steam. I've got no idea

Roboron

Quote from: MattGosford on February 03, 2021, 05:56:49 AMThanks for your help. Call me stupid, but I can't find simutrans on my Mac because it's downloaded in Steam. I've got no idea

Right click the game on the library -> Admin -> Show local files.

MattGosford

All good. I worked it out. I've now got the Japanese , German and English buildings in my game. The German pak is amazing and will enhance the look of the major cities of Rie (pop: 1.8 million),  Maloney (pop.450,00), Capital city (pop 380,00) ,Port Jackson ( pop: 350,000) and many other's in my game and continental lands with a population of 28 million . Awesome! Long live the best game on the planet, Simutrans.