The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: castle with no passengers  (Read 545 times)

Offline DNGR

• Languages: EN
castle with no passengers
« on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:38 AM »
I have a rather big game. In this I have a route 30 which was a 25 seater bus which went out to a "Old Castle" and then visited some stops in the town on a tram route. In the past this small bus picked up passengers at the castle and made a profit. Now there are no passengers at the castle. There appear to be a lot of "no route" passengers, which doesn't make sense as the stops the bus connects to allows transfer to a range of locations.I've been playing in 121 but have also tried this file in the latest nightly.
this is the sve file.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=43848183581180716602

Offline en63

• Languages: PL
Re: castle with no passengers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:22:03 PM »
Changed line 30 - to 2 stops: Oldham Greenfields West stop, Oldham Old castle stop and it works. At the Grenfiels stop, 544 passengers are waiting for the old castle.

Offline DNGR

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 09:17:03 PM »
Thank you. If you make this change, there are outgoing passengers, but still not any at the castle. 

Offline en63

• Languages: PL
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:55:03 PM »
There is one very big problem. Most of the stops on the map are overcrowded, even ~ 323,000. They do not produce new passengers, it is sometimes appropriate to increase the number of vehicles a lot in order to carry such a mass of people.

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
    • My addons, mostly roadsigns, pak128.cs
  • Languages: EN, CS
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 10:03:45 PM »
Check if no_route_over_overcrowded is enabled or not.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:01:10 AM »
Overcrowded stops won't generate new passengers, no matter what settings. Since the attraction passengers are return passengers, no generated passengers, no return passengers.

Offline DNGR

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 09:06:16 PM »
Overcrowded stops won't generate new passengers, no matter what settings. Since the attraction passengers are return passengers, no generated passengers, no return passengers.

This makes a lot of sense. Thank you. Always some more to know about Simutrans.