News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

castle with no passengers

Started by DNGR, January 07, 2021, 12:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNGR

I have a rather big game. In this I have a route 30 which was a 25 seater bus which went out to a "Old Castle" and then visited some stops in the town on a tram route. In the past this small bus picked up passengers at the castle and made a profit. Now there are no passengers at the castle. There appear to be a lot of "no route" passengers, which doesn't make sense as the stops the bus connects to allows transfer to a range of locations.I've been playing in 121 but have also tried this file in the latest nightly.
this is the sve file.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=43848183581180716602

en63

Changed line 30 - to 2 stops: Oldham Greenfields West stop, Oldham Old castle stop and it works. At the Grenfiels stop, 544 passengers are waiting for the old castle.

DNGR

Thank you. If you make this change, there are outgoing passengers, but still not any at the castle. 

en63

There is one very big problem. Most of the stops on the map are overcrowded, even ~ 323,000. They do not produce new passengers, it is sometimes appropriate to increase the number of vehicles a lot in order to carry such a mass of people.

Vladki

Check if no_route_over_overcrowded is enabled or not.

prissi

Overcrowded stops won't generate new passengers, no matter what settings. Since the attraction passengers are return passengers, no generated passengers, no return passengers.

DNGR

Quote from: prissi on January 08, 2021, 03:01:10 AM
Overcrowded stops won't generate new passengers, no matter what settings. Since the attraction passengers are return passengers, no generated passengers, no return passengers.

This makes a lot of sense. Thank you. Always some more to know about Simutrans.