The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: New map generated with huge cities  (Read 258 times)

Offline macson_g

• Languages: EN, PL
New map generated with huge cities
« on: January 17, 2021, 09:34:35 AM »
I just downloaded S-E for the first time. I'm trying to generate a new map, but it is always covered with huge cities, when using pack Britain.
The "Median Town Population" setting is at default 1600, yet the generated cities have the following populations:
- 0 (?)

The entire mam is covered with cities.

The 'Sweden' pak generates cities correctly, but generates no industries at all.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN
Re: New map generated with huge cities
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
I just downloaded S-E for the first time. I'm trying to generate a new map, but it is always covered with huge cities, when using pack Britain.
The "Median Town Population" setting is at default 1600, yet the generated cities have the following populations:
- 0 (?)

The entire mam is covered with cities.

The 'Sweden' pak generates cities correctly, but generates no industries at all.
Unfortunately this setting is broken. I usually have the number of big cities set to 0, the number of city clusters to 0 and the median town population to 800.

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
Re: New map generated with huge cities
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 12:31:31 PM »
Unfortunately this setting is broken.
Since the world needs to create a population that exceeds the number of jobs, I think it may not be possible to meet the demands set by users.
So what I mean by the current specifications is that the world puts the highest priority on balancing work and population.

For example, if you set city to 0, you can see that no matter how many industries you set, the factory will never built. Because there are no people to work. I presume that the world is working to balance that way.
The specifications and their settings may be incompatible.