News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Desyncs related to passenger/mail generation & transferring cargo

Started by freddyhayward, January 26, 2021, 12:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

Over the last few days, I have recorded 6 desyncs on bridgewater-brunel all with debug sums [5] and [7] mismatching. [5] relates to passenger/mail generation while [7] relates to the number of transferring cargoes. Unfortunately I cannot yet provide any contextual information that would even begin to form a viable reproduction case - for now, this report only serves to establish that the problem is occurring.

jamespetts

Quote from: freddyhayward on January 26, 2021, 12:13:48 AM
Over the last few days, I have recorded 6

This is the sort of thing that, without more detail, will take months or years of intensive work to isolate. Can I also clarify what you mean when you write "related to"? Do you mean that you have diagnosed these systems as being causatively responsible, or is it simply that the divergence first appears in passenger and mail generation?

Without being able to reproduce this error reliably in a reasonable amount of time, there is no realistic way that I can test whether any modification to the code fixes this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

freddyhayward

Quote from: jamespetts on January 26, 2021, 12:18:15 AM
This is the sort of thing that, without more detail, will take months or years of intensive work to isolate. Can I also clarify what you mean when you write "related to"? Do you mean that you have diagnosed these systems as being causatively responsible, or is it simply that the divergence first appears in passenger and mail generation?

Without being able to reproduce this error reliably in a reasonable amount of time, there is no realistic way that I can test whether any modification to the code fixes this.
Sorry, I posted prematurely before writing the full report, which acknowledges this point.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.