News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Were traffic light phase options recently removed?

Started by freddyhayward, January 24, 2021, 03:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

This may be a pakset issue. I recall being able to edit the different phases of traffic lights through the info GUI. I can't see these options any more.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: freddyhayward on January 24, 2021, 03:16:09 AMI recall being able to edit the different phases of traffic lights through the info GUI. I can't see these options any more.
Since a meaningless and destructive option was provided, I think that the current form is simplified by incorporating a modified intersection behavior in standard and eliminating it.

That is, the current button layout is the same as standard.
Can't you achieve the behavior you expect using that button?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

freddyhayward

Quote from: Ranran on January 24, 2021, 04:23:58 AM
That is, the current button layout is the same as standard.
Can't you achieve the behavior you expect using that button?
No. If a main route travels north and east from the intersection, I cannot set north and east to the long phase and south and west to the short phase. Also, I cannot set a direction to be in both phases.
What was the meaningless option? If it was removing a direction from both phases, just disable the ticked checkbox when it is only ticked for one phase, and re-enable it when both phases are ticked.

Ranran(retired)

QuoteIf a main route travels north and east from the intersection, I cannot set north and east to the long phase and south and west to the short phase
Please read these threads. The problems are listed there.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20358.0.html
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20364.0.html

Originally it didn't do it right. There are a lot of bugs, breaking the link between signal light appearance and permission, and available as exploits, and there is no doubt that you will have to spend a great deal of effort modifying code to get them to work properly.

Anyway it is now back to the starting point. Anyone can start it.
It should be noted that the behavior at consecutive intersections was improved by prissi.

jamespetts

Ranran - thank you for this. Can I check on which branch that these changes have been made? I cannot see them on your master branch.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

freddyhayward

Quote from: Ranran on January 24, 2021, 11:02:17 AM
Please read these threads. The problems are listed there.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20358.0.html
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20364.0.html

Originally it didn't do it right. There are a lot of bugs, breaking the link between signal light appearance and permission, and available as exploits, and there is no doubt that you will have to spend a great deal of effort modifying code to get them to work properly.

Anyway it is now back to the starting point. Anyone can start it.
It should be noted that the behavior at consecutive intersections was improved by prissi.
You have shown that the old system was unmaintainable. However, its function is sorely missed.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: freddyhayward on January 24, 2021, 12:01:54 PMHowever, its function is sorely missed.
But on the other hand, the problem of intersection behavior has been resolved, eliminating the need for players to do the tedious work before they can achieve it. Usability has been greatly improved. Because player don't have to do anything to avoid stuck at a continuous intersection.
Also, exploit is no longer possible.
And I was able to merge it thanks to the simplification of the standard merging task. You have to pay a lot of effort to merge while maintaining the functionality and to normalize it.
Please note that the original functionality was rarely checked and had many issues.

Quote from: jamespetts on January 24, 2021, 11:49:18 AMCan I check on which branch that these changes have been made? I cannot see them on your master branch.
It is included in the GUI over haul.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commit/eef89d2d48e203b749f2d84079e0cee22cd2a857

The relevant commits for standard are r9268 and 9269.

freddyhayward

Quote from: Ranran on January 24, 2021, 12:14:06 PMBut on the other hand, the problem of intersection behavior has been resolved, eliminating the need for players to do the tedious work before they can achieve it. Usability has been greatly improved. Because player don't have to do anything to avoid stuck at a continuous intersection.
Also, exploit is no longer possible.
And I was able to merge it thanks to the simplification of the standard merging task. You have to pay a lot of effort to merge while maintaining the functionality and to normalize it.
I already demonstrated a use case for it. But I appreciate that there removing it has brought other improvements.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: freddyhayward on January 24, 2021, 12:15:51 PMI already demonstrated a use case for it.
Even so, I think it's a good idea to start from the current state in order to incorporate standard improvements. Anyone who wants it can get started.
And, as I have already pointed out, the act of opening the north and the west at the same time creates a great contradiction with the signal light. Because the image has only two patterns.