News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

How to decrease travellers?

Started by 1993matias, January 04, 2021, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

Hi, quick question: Which setting to use to decrease the number of people travelling? Neither the settings menu nor the comments in simuconf.tab are very helpful if you don't know which setting you're looking for...Since not only is my network crowded, but the roads also... Even though I tried to alleviate congestion by building dedicated highways... Now they're jammed too...
Anyway, I hope this is the right place to ask, since the game in question uses this pak :)

jamespetts

Are you using Standard or Extended?
Edit: My apologies: I see that you have put this in the Pak128.Britain-Extended forum. I will move it to the Extended help requests forum, which is a more appropriate place for it. If you want fewer passengers using your network, try increasing the prices of your forms of transport using the "change prices" tab in the line management or convoy detail windows.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

1993matias

Thanks

The issue seems to be that people want to travel too much, since also the roads are congested - even though I built highways for them to use. Is there any way to decrease *all* travel somehow?

Ranran(retired)

population_per_level = 3
visitor_demand_per_level = 3
jobs_per_level = 2

I think it can be reduced by lowering these.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

1993matias

So, basically, lowering the population?

Rollmaterial

I understand it is better to change passenger_trips_per_month_hundredths.

1993matias

Quote from: Rollmaterial on January 04, 2021, 10:39:00 PM
I understand it is better to change passenger_trips_per_month_hundredths.
Lower value leads to fewer trips then?

I really wish there was some better documentation for these settings with - often - cryptic names...

jamespetts

Those settings are really intended for the use of pakset maintainers, as the pakset is intended to be balanced realistically with default settings. You are of course free to adjust the pakset to your own preferences, but you are then in the realm of modding rather than playing, and the nature of documentation available reflects that fact.

I should note that traffic congestion is a real-world phenomenon that Simutrans-Extended and Pak128.Britain-Ex are intended to simulate at their default settings and that, in reality, the ordinary way of dealing with an excess of demand compared to supply is either to increase the prices or increase the supply, both of which courses of action are open to the player.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.