The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: [FATAL] Tram way can be abused to destroy other companies' tracks  (Read 211 times)

Offline Ranran

• Devotee
  • Languages: ja
Players can disconnect the railroad tracks of other companies at any time. (´・ω・`)

How to destroy the tracks of other companies:
(1) Make a crossing by laying a road on the railroad tracks of another company
(2) Lay a tram track on the railroad crossing
At this point, the railroad tracks of another company on the railroad crossing tiles have already been demolished. You have succeeded in sabotage.

But trying to do this doesn't seem to be a problem. In the real world, trams can cross railroad tracks.

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: [FATAL] Tram way can be abused to destroy other companies' tracks
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »
Thank you for your report. My home internet is down currently, and I am accessing the internet using a 5g hotspot in my shed. I will look into this when my internet is restored.

Offline DrSuperGood

• Dev Team
  • Devotee
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 10:15:05 AM »
I do not think it is possible to have the tram tracks cross the rails like that due to limitations with the Simutrans engine (only 1 kind of rail per tile). However it should be possible to detect cases of players trying to do this and so deny them permission to build the tram lines.

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:58:29 AM »
I do not think it is possible to have the tram tracks cross the rails like that due to limitations with the Simutrans engine (only 1 kind of rail per tile). However it should be possible to detect cases of players trying to do this and so deny them permission to build the tram lines.

This is correct: this is the nature of the solution that I plan to implement when I am able to do so.