The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Loss of synch when placing signal  (Read 402 times)

Offline zook2

Loss of synch when placing signal
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:14:29 AM »
On the BB  server I logged in as Blue Diamond and the first thing I did was put a cab signalling signal (the blue thingie) on 1991, 2245 (left side, just before the tunnel).

I lost synch immediately. I saw the sign go up, but after logging in again it was gone. Tried it twice, so it seems reproducible.

Offline zook2

Re: Loss of synch when placing signal
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:09:13 PM »
My third attempt today, this time I didn't place any signals. All I did was sell a plane, then lost synch. It took about the same time (3-4 minutes after loading the map, perhaps) to de-synch, so perhaps it wasn't placing the signal but something unconnected to anything I did. I used the version from this morning.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 12:48:42 PM »
Try unpausing the game after it desyncs. The server is repeatedly crashing at the start of the new month, due to hundreds of industries being shut down. I managed to fix that crash, only to find another crash caused by the power network shortly afterwards.

Offline zook2

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 03:32:17 PM »
But after desynch I'm in single player mode. I have no unpause button, but I did increase game speed by one tick. Then I got a wait cursor and after a minute the client crashed.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 09:23:00 PM »
But after desynch I'm in single player mode. I have no unpause button, but I did increase game speed by one tick. Then I got a wait cursor and after a minute the client crashed.
That's what I expected - it means the problem isn't desync at all, but crashes.

Offline freddyhayward

• Devotee
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 06:52:43 AM »
This pull request should fix the industry issue: https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/364