News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Loss of synch when placing signal

Started by zook2, March 02, 2021, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

On the BB  server I logged in as Blue Diamond and the first thing I did was put a cab signalling signal (the blue thingie) on 1991, 2245 (left side, just before the tunnel).

I lost synch immediately. I saw the sign go up, but after logging in again it was gone. Tried it twice, so it seems reproducible.

zook2

My third attempt today, this time I didn't place any signals. All I did was sell a plane, then lost synch. It took about the same time (3-4 minutes after loading the map, perhaps) to de-synch, so perhaps it wasn't placing the signal but something unconnected to anything I did. I used the version from this morning.

freddyhayward

Try unpausing the game after it desyncs. The server is repeatedly crashing at the start of the new month, due to hundreds of industries being shut down. I managed to fix that crash, only to find another crash caused by the power network shortly afterwards.

zook2

But after desynch I'm in single player mode. I have no unpause button, but I did increase game speed by one tick. Then I got a wait cursor and after a minute the client crashed.

freddyhayward

Quote from: zook2 on March 02, 2021, 03:32:17 PM
But after desynch I'm in single player mode. I have no unpause button, but I did increase game speed by one tick. Then I got a wait cursor and after a minute the client crashed.
That's what I expected - it means the problem isn't desync at all, but crashes.