News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

building supply does not take Hardware and I did it. but I'm not pregnant

Started by ChristineR, March 30, 2021, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristineR

Okies hi all and have a good day!

I found a glitch and well would like to find a way to fix or get rid of it.. Actually 2 but one is the hardware thing,
images here are better. https://sites.google.com/view/videoadventures/historyimages.

now for a more frustrating issue, how can I get the fishing pond from pack 64 or the German pac128 to work in the British pak128.
I can move anything but the fish they do not bite! I have double and triple checked moved fishing spot to in the fishing area to one square out and two square out to 3 square out.
Used the thingies to merge the fishing area to the dock and to the store. all a dead end. even added rail and truck transport.

and after about 800 try's I finally have a real working industry with 13 billion credits.  33 cities and 131 factories and 8 million passengers. i started this map with 200 million

prissi

About fishing: Maybe the good has a different name in the paks. LIke Fisch versus Fish. Then it will never work.

Vladki

Fishing - in pak128.britain there is "fresh fish" - that can be carried only on special boats, and "frozen fish" that is in the usual cooled category.
AFAIK pak64 and pak128 have only the "frozen fish". And as Prissi said the name of the goods may be slightly different.

ChristineR

Quote from: Vladki on March 30, 2021, 06:48:16 PMFishing - in pak128.britain there is "fresh fish" - that can be carried only on special boats, and "frozen fish" that is in the usual cooled category.
AFAIK pak64 and pak128 have only the "frozen fish". And as Prissi said the name of the goods may be slightly different.

Thank you, however I only use the fresh fish boat.

Can you tell me how to make it work?

Vladki

As said before it is generally problematic to mix and match objects from different paksets, as they may have different internal names, or other important properties.
Mixing paksets of different size (pak64 and pak128) is completely non-sense.

pak64: name=fish, category cooled goods, produced by fish_pond and fish_swarm, consumed by food_processing_plant, cannery and Marketplace.
pak128: name=fish, category cooled goods, produced by fish_pond and fish_swarm, consumed by food_processing_plant, cannery and old_fish_cannery.
The fishing boat from pak128 can transport any sort of cooled goods (e.g. meat).

pak128.britain:
name=FreshFish, special category, transported only by fishing boats, produced by FishingGround (looks like fish_swarm), consumed by FishPort (always on the coast)
name=fish, category cooled goods, produced by FishPort, consumed by Fishmongers, Market and Supermarket

If you took the fish_swarm of fish_pond from pak128 and put it into pak128.britain, just use any wehicle that can pick up cooled/frozen goods.