News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Private City Car Help

Started by nuhgl, May 11, 2021, 10:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuhgl

Hi,

I am building freeway networks as main business for my game, however freeway always get congested in long queues before exit ramps into a city.
I noticed every city car does have specific destination (city and building), but once it enter the city border at destination city using my freeway network or public ways it just goes around city road forever making extreme congestion in city, which further choking up my freeway network exit into city.

Is there solution tweaks for settings to have reasonable solution to have roadway building company model to be playable regarding traffics?

For example, if it is not achievable to every single city car to find exact way to destination building in a city, can I tweak setting to have city car to just de-spawn and be gone once it arrives at the border of destination city?
Or, city car to be gone after certain time from the time that it arrives at the border of a city.

Vladki

I think that private cars disappear in the city after some time, that should be roughly the same as if it would be routed to its exact destination